Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

305 pulls in a another silver!

ohio mike

I tried some new settings on the 305 today and went back over what I hunted yesterday to see what the difference would be...found the regular lincoln pennies and then BEEP! another merc!!
101_1677.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/freelandmike/101_1678.jpg
This 305 is WONDERFUL!!!

Nice mercury. Gotta like that silver , and ecspecially finding it with a new machine. Keep it up.

It appears you are having trouble with your settings. Send me the machine and I'll set it up for you. Should only take the rest of the year.:crazy: :devil:

Monkeywrangler22.. I just follow the instructions..1st set your sensitivity, I usually start at 7..and then ground balance your machine...however I may have to change my sens. or gb a few times during a specific hunt...I try to keep the machine working at its peak at all times...

Quick question Ohio Mike---what pattern are you hunting in? Pattern 1 or 2 or All Metal? I'm getting my unit today via UPS and would like to know what works best for you!

Thanks in advance,
bubbadirect

I use pattern 2..I don't want to dig a bunch of junk, so that really helps me getting to the good stuff...word of advise..If you have a target that goes 24/32/40/44...just keeps giving you a different number everytime...it's trash...coins will usually stay within a few numbers everytime you go over it....unless it is really deep..then it will change and then you have to ask yourself if your gonna dig it! good luck..have anymore questions just give me a shout..Mike

Thank you SO MUCH Mike! I also was thinking about using pattern 2. I have 2 more questions for you!

1) Do you think that you lose depth using pattern 2? Or not really? I don't want to be digging pull tabs and foil or cans if I don't have to, but then again no one does
2) Will you still get a signal on BIG IRON? Bigger than a rusty nail for example. If so, does it give you the 24/32/40/44 broken signal?

About losing depth..I couldn't really tell you because all i run is pattern 2..I'll have to do some experimenting to find out.
Big Iron..from my findings..if it is shallow you will usually get a (ol) reading..overload...so you know it's a big piece of iron...however I have been fooled by a soda can 6-8 in deep..for the most part the 305 is good for telling you what is there..just pay attention to what it is telling you....
You'll prolly dig trash at the beginning but you'll learn quick..
On another note..if you run disc. 2 you will miss out on nickels...run around 9-12 ..
Good luck and make sure you post some pictures, I can't see them!
Mike