Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3300 tube

tenedy

HELP i broke my lower tube with the plastic attachment. A new one lists for $30. So, is there any ideas on what i can do on the cheap to repair or mend fix or replace!!

I've used JB Weld successfully when repairing broken things, including detector poles. If the plastic part of yours broke, you might could drill a hole in both pieces, fill them with JB Weld and put a short metal rod, like a bolt with the head cut off, in to add strenght. I re-attached the end to the pole in the photo using just JB Weld several years ago and it's still holding.

[attachment 85929 polerepair.jpg]

My first thought was JB Weld. JB(MS), just one queston. Could the bolt you use to reinforce the repair in any way effect the accuracy of the coil? Looks like you've got a very solid repair. Good information.

As long as the bolt is stationary it won't affect the coil. Back in the 70's and 80's almost all detectors had metal bolts to hold the coil on, and even though it's small in diameter Bounty Hunter uses metal bolts in some, if not all, of their current models.

It was the plastic end right above where the bolt goes through i did manage to fix it in the field by removing the broken part and drilling a new hole with a Phillips head screw driver and putting the bolt back through but there is now little tension to keep the head in place. (hey i had to salvage my hunt)

You can order a whole new tube from:

http://www.detecting.com/

If your the original owner, and you have your warranty card, you should be able to get the part at no cost except maybe shipping...

HH,

BH-LandStar

that's a good idea, jb. a friend of mine broke the end of his machine off in the same way. he went and got some pvc pipe, jb weld, and a brass toilet bolt. several years later, it still works good. jb weld is some good stuff! hh,

Now here is something for customer service..... I Emailed them my problem and bingo,,,,, i got a reply not 6 hours later saying they where going to send me a new one!!!!! Awsome

In my opinion there is only one thing better than BH's great machines and that's there customer service! They've already got the best prices, their customer service just makes it an even better bargain.