Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

35 Days Gone & Compadre Back Home

reddirtfisher

:cool: Some of you wanted to know how my Compadre repair turned out. It arrived today. It's too cold and it's sleeting outside so I can't test it out. Been gone 35 days which is a record for me. I have never had one gone that long. Back of the line? Maybe. I really just don't know. This whole thing has gotten me thinking too much so I am really glad to finally lay this to rest. :goodnight:

Could it just be that they are inundated with work because the season is over for a lot of people and they sent their machines in? I remember sending a Tiger Shark in around this time of the year and it was probably close to a month before I got it back.

Glad the Compadre is back home. Tesoro is probably busy working overtime, getting the new Detector(s) stocked up for a first quarter 2014 release.

That's a pretty long time for service.I sent my Silver Sabre II in for a repair,they got on 11/1 and it was back by 11/15.35 days is a heck of a long time for service.I do not even buy that "Back of the line" crap,more than likely they were just swamped with repairs and such and yours got there at the wrong time.Look at this way even though it did take an extra amount of time to get back to you,at least now you know it's good to go.HH

Scanman said:
Glad the Compadre is back home. Tesoro is probably busy working overtime, getting the new Detector(s) stocked up for a first quarter 2014 release.

My Thoughts exactly I sent a BanditoII Micro Max in and it was gone 18 days Rusty worked on it I believe and said He had to retune the coil to it I thought the Threshold knob had a lot of play in it but come to find out It is a Nylon Shaft Got it back have not had a chance to use it since I was Diagnosed with Colon Cancer a week ago and start Kemo in a couple weeks and last 6 months so looks like a lot of research time ahead for me Oh and when I got it back Rusty included some great tips and tricks on Ground balancing from his Personal Archives Man What a Great Guy! Glad you got the Compadre back also which coil do you have on it I have a near mint one with the 5.75 coil but would like to find one with the 7 inch coil to trade for

:cool: Hi BarryL :) I'm so sorry to hear about your medical condition. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have the old school Compadre with the 7 inch coil. It is working great at the moment so I am going to hang on to it for awhile. Happy Thanksgiving RDF

BarryL, I wish you well.

Good Luck!
tabman

BarryL,
I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

Thanks Everyone . for the well wishes . I am going to beat this I am not going to let it rule my life . Just going to take it slow and heck maybe If I read more on here I will get as good as you guys .

Pullin for ya here Barryl.
I have been fighting bladder cancer for the last 7 years. About a year and a half ago it got nasty on me. Had to finally have the bladder removed in Feb. of this year.
It was July before I could start swinging again. I'm now back up and running at about 80% of normal. You will be too.
On my good days, my compadre kept me going in the tots. I think it was what kept me alive.
Take it one day at a time and don't let it get you down. You'll beat it.
Randy.

plidn1 said:
Pullin for ya here Barryl.
I have been fighting bladder cancer for the last 7 years. About a year and a half ago it got nasty on me. Had to finally have the bladder removed in Feb. of this year.
It was July before I could start swinging again. I'm now back up and running at about 80% of normal. You will be too.
On my good days, my compadre kept me going in the tots. I think it was what kept me alive.
Take it one day at a time and don't let it get you down. You'll beat it.
Randy.

Randy keep swinging away. I wish you well.

tabman

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there and toughen up. As a survivor myself (non-hodgkins B-cell lymphoma) you CAN and WILL get thru it. Once you get the big C your life has changed from now on but you should be able to lead a pretty normal life afterwords. You'll have less energy after the chemo and pretty sick during the chemo. I blew thru 6 mos. of chemo pretty good compared to others and truly believe half of it is mental so stay tuff.

If you don't have insurance and have to pay out-of-pocket (as I did) and a part of your Chemo-cocktail is a drug called Rituxan you may be able to get the co. that makes the drug to pay for your Rituxan. The co. is called Genentech and if you make under 100g's a year they will pay for your Rituxan outright. This saved me about 35g out of my pocket. I'm single and have assets so NOBODY except for Genentech and a local county cancer benefit organisation would help the single guy unless you had under 2g's in assets.....

In remission now for 1.5yrs and so far so good except for the energy lacking..... I have done well financially and now routinely give to the local cancer network and will give most of my estate to them when I die to help the less fortunate. They are the only group I'll give to as they (and Genentech) were the ONLY outfits that would help REGARDLESS of who you are or how much you have,etc.....

I hope you have insurance but if you don't....the tip on the Rituxan could be helpful as it's most likely the main portion part of your cocktail. I found out about it second hand and NOT thru the hospital "social worker" that is supposed to know about programs avaliable to help people...

Good luck and you will get thru it...they have some wonderful drugs out now and chances are you can lead an almost normal life after chemo/cancer.............