Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3500 gold

Had a chance to get out with joeforthegold this weekend. We tried a new spot which paid off nicely. I was finding plenty of bullets and after finding another little lead gem, I noticed a strange sounding target from under my dirt pile. I almost walked away but decided to give it one more listen. It wasn

WOW guys ! Only thing I got when Joe took me out detecting was sunburn ! In fact I don't think any of the three of us got anything.

Of course that was before Joe got his GP Extreme fixed, and half the time I get through 4 hours of detecting before I realize that I forgot to turn the machine on; I'm just thrilled to be anywhere. Joe promised me that we will do better this year when we go out.

Congratulations guys ! I went detecting last Thursday, actually it was more like a long hike. I didn't dig one nugget nor one piece of trash. I did have a run in with a couple of nasty basalt rocks. One was so hard to figure out. It sounded like there was a nugget under it. This thing was a small boulder. I have found gold before under these hot rocks and it took me over 40 minutes to unearth this thing and pull it out of the hole. When I got it out of the hole it was hot on one side of the rock. All of this in 100 degree heat. After 40 minutes digging and prying I wanted to sit down and cry. However, I had to save my tears for sweating.

I haven't got into my triple digit hunting conditioning yet. It is tough out there! Too hot for even the snakes.

I think Joe and Mike have been doing their homework in that area. They really have been finding some gold and Joe has scored 3 weekends in a row. Not bad. I think he can deliver on his promise. I'm just lucky to come along when I did. We had a great time and finding gold just adds to the fun.

Doc...I just got my new Snake Guards from you on Friday. Can't wait to use them. Well actually, I can't wait to wear them. I'm not in any hurry to test their ability to deflect a snake bite.

mick