Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

357 Update

zac

The detective got back to me today on the loaded 357 I found at the beach. He said it belongs to someone in Michigan and for some unknown reason that person is not able to have a gun anymore. The gun was not reported stollen. The detective was able to unjam the gun with WD40 and no rounds had been fired. That’s all the info he gave me.
HH

Attachments

• A6B914EB-8B14-4234-A59B-FB3D6AFA369F.jpeg
    A6B914EB-8B14-4234-A59B-FB3D6AFA369F.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 107
You gave it to the cops?
You will never see the gun again.
Here in Florida we can go to the Florida Department Law enforcement
website and run the serial #'s in their database and if it comes up clean It's Mine
Finders Keepers

Last edited:
Well…it was loaded and I thought it might have been involved in a crime. I don’t know what the laws are here in California but I doubt I’d be legally allowed to just keep it.

Thanks for the update!

nearly all agencies will not return, nor now sell old department, firearms back to civilians. Past history of doing so resulted in a minute amount of those firearms being involved in further crimes. Lawsuits being lawsuits agencies can not afford high insurance because some jury awards bajillions in damages due to death or injury. “Police Departments are not firearms dealers”.

IMO you did the right thing, zac. I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a handgun I had found not knowing its background. Since it no longer belongs to anyone, seemingly you should be able to get it back. Each city, county and state handle gun recoveries different I suspect. HH Jim tn