Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

#37 FTY! Old Spot But 1st Time for Silver!

I've been to this park a dozen times in the past long ago and kinda gave up on it because it's so trashy and full of iron mineral that it's a nightmare to detect. But I got off of work early and had some time to kill and the weather was beautiful. Now I can't say that I've ever found silver in this park but I have found a boatload of wheats and clad. Being that I'm trying a new method of detecting, with the Minelab SE Pro, I decided to just go for it, low and slow and take my time!

Well it worked! I started getting a bit of clad then I came upon 2 wheats about a foot apart. I said to myself that if they missed the wheats, what else could they have missed? About 20 minutes later I hit this real nice high tone reading 7-29, 1-29 and at various angles sometimes 7-28 and 3-28. (There's a ton of Iron mineralization which makes dancing around a signal real screwy at times!) But the tone was the clue. I figure the 43 D Merc was down about 7 inches and came up in the tailings of the deep left side of the plug. The ground there is a mix of shale and river rock and has it's moments trying to get a resemblance of a plug out onto the grass.

After that I found more clad, one a 1966 quarter at 9", two Sunoco antique car tokens, 2 of the biggest fishing weights I've ever dug (Each an easy 2 oz.) and 2 more wheats. Dates on all 4 were 44D, 52, 50 & 53D.

Nice! We went out for a couple of hours but all I found was some clad and some kind of religious medal at 6". The ground was very dry.

Ed, terrific find in such a difficult place to detect, congratulations!

We’re you hunting in conductive or ferrous mode?

Tony