Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3D first impressions

A

Anonymous

The 3D arrived today--Had a chance to hunt two separate areas for a short period of time. First was a park that dated from the 50's---before that had been a homesite 10-20's vintage. Very mineralized with lots of hot rocks. Perfect place I thought to stress the machine. 5 sens, O disc, enhanced mode as per Tom D. It reminded me of how an analog Explorer ll would behave if there was such a machine. I have have previously hunted the homesite foundation with a DFX, troy X5, and an EXll. About 15' x 25' area. It still had a trace of peeps just so slightly from the hot rocks--I was used to that from the minelab so not much of a bother. Found several copper pieces and wheaties that gave a high tone. Checked in the salt mode and 2 of the 5 high signals gave a midtone in that mode. Had one weaker high tone that checked as midtone in salt that turned out to be a 50's vintage rosie dime on edge at about 6". Considering how nasty the soil is I was impressed. I have detected that area with the other top of the liners from every direction and figured it was pretty clean. Not a bad first hour. Tried another site this p.m. and will be geting ya picts. from the finds, this detect sure loves silver.

I agree the 3D is a good machine. I have used in some of the places that have been pounded by me and alot of other people. The 3D did a great job and impressed the heck out of me. My 3D is deeper than my Explorer in alot of the areas I hunt. Some Explorer users disputed that but I have another Explorer user as a witness. I have had good hits on my 3D that my buddy's Explorer wasn't even giving a peep on. I think the Explorer is better in iron but the 3D is no slouch. I've dug coins with a nail in the hole with the 3D those targets were high tone from every direction. There's also a good following for the CoinStrike. I owned one and never could get it to run consistantly in my neck of the woods so I sold it. But, irregardless of my experience alot of people have alof of good things to say about the Coin$trike. It just wasn't my cup of tea.
-Bill

Heck since the original CZ6 in 92 or so the CZ has been a winner and underwent cosmetic and sound changes over the years but basically has the same guts. Good choice of a proven deep seeker presented in user friendly fashion. As far as the Coinstrike a bit of a learning period, but has the ability to make changes for most conditions, works well in trash and gives a nice ID on even deep targets. Just a different animal and feel once its 12 years old those that have taken the time to understand it will have a more versatile unit that does take some experimentation to work in your area.It appears to me even the best detectorists have not figured out all its capabilties, what facets do and with so many condition feel even the Fisher tech's are not sure. In reallity reading the manual its not thorouly explained and with time and feedback once its better understood will emerge as one of Fishers best. Getting back to depth a CZ will stand up to any machine including the Explorer all depending on the area and mineralization.