Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd bill - but not a 20!

fishes02

Busy last couple of days...as the weather has been in the mid 40's, so as not to lose the swings went out and about with the MXT. Added three new bottles to my collection that is now growing into a new hobby; no complaints from me as they are all turning out to be keepers. Found two Duraglas bottles from the mid 40's to early 50's. The light green bottle is a Suburban Club Carbonated Beverage bottle from Baltimore MD, and the Coke bottle is a pre 51 bottle out of Annapolis MD - all in very good shape with no cracks or nicks. The wallet was found about 5 inches down; MXT picket up the zipper...There was an laminated ID dtd 17Sep54 for an Official U.S. Army 16-MM. Projectionist. Lastly, the 50 came into sight no more that 50 feet from the car....wasn't even set up yet, but one heck of a way to start a hunt. Did find a 1950's silve dime that day as well, but thought the 50 was a better showing!!!

Thanks for looking/Cliff

What a nice surprise seeing the $50 dollar bill! All your finds are pretty cool. I've not seen a laminated ID like that before. What is the picture of the gold stamped thing? BIG congratulations.

Thanks for asking, and I do enjoy finding the bills - though far-and-few-in-between finds - haven't seen a fifty on the thread so I thought it would be a good attraction. Sure beats digging 200 quarters!!! I've attached a copy of the ID here that was in the wallet (gold marking). Name and signature are readable on the ID so I took care to remove. The wallet was picked up via the zipper....and at first I only took the ID, but with all of the leaves/tree's and 5 acres of hunting area I thought I would never find it a second time, but low-and-behold I stumbled upon it last time out. Didn't note the 24k embossing the first time...so I took it along as I thought it was pretty neat, though rather beat up. I think this area is about hunted out....takes a couple of hours searching just to just come across a wheat penny now....but it did give up it's good. Came away with:

9 silver quarters
9 silver dimes
3 war silver nickels
2 buffalo nickels
2 rings
many, many wheat's (though all are in bad shape)

My buddy did say he had a civil war encampment on his property and I went over there a couple of times...but only came away with a 188X (3) IH penny, and the really bad buffalo nickel after five hours of swinging. Was using the 9" coil, maybe I'll go back one-last-time but use the 14" - what you think?

Thanks for looking

That's really interesting and thanks for sharing it with us. Have you tried to contact the owner of the lost I.D.? That would make a great ending to the story. And most definitely go back to the Civil War area and use that big coil. There's got to be more there. Spent bullets, buttons, etc., specially if it was used for a long period of time.

I wish you the best and HH,
Nancy