Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd GOLD ...3rd time out ...This is crazy...The ATX is awesome :yo:

Took the ATX for a freshwater lake hunt and found many deep targets in the swimming area where the water level is low still, but one target turned out to be a 14K woman's ring at about 10". The ATX just keeps impressing me every time I take it for a hunt. I also found alot of pull tabs and can slaw and some deep rusty iron pieces but it was worth it. I have hunted this spot many many times with many different machines. I thought it was pretty hunted out, but the ATX is finding what the others have missed. This is going to be a fun year using the ATX.

Darryl

That's a very nice ring and good depth on that one. There will be a lot more gold in that swimming area. You're now working a new layer that other machines do not get down to. I've found that if you move the coil very slowly you can get down to that old gold and silver coins. When your swimming hole has 10" or more of sand, the ATX has an edge over other machines.

Syd BC said:
That's a very nice ring and good depth on that one. There will be a lot more gold in that swimming area. You're now working a new layer that other machines do not get down to. I've found that if you move the coil very slowly you can get down to that old gold and silver coins. When your swimming hole has 10" or more of sand, the ATX has an edge over other machines.

Thanks,

This particular swimming hole has sand down to 15" at spots. I've dug around just to check.
And in some freshwater river spots I hunt, I've noticed 6"-7" of sand followed by some small gravel followed by 6"-10" of sand starting again below it.

When you find a spot that has 15" of soft sand, max the sensitivity and switch to non-motion mode. You'll have to retune manually but non-motion will give you that extra depth where you need it. Gold will always work it's way down until it reaches a hard layer. You have a great machine for locations like this.

That is so cool! Both you and Denny are finding nice pieces of gold jewelry!

Congratulations Darryl!
Paul

Old California said:
That is so cool! Both you and Denny are finding nice pieces of gold jewelry!

Congratulations Darryl!
Paul

Thanks Paul, it's like all the spots I hunt are new again. The ATX is awesome !!