Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd Gold Ring for the Year. !f tone

Clad2Hunt

I got the F75 LTD for park hunting due to weight and coil selection. EMI has been a concern with sens. set over 30 in most places. Last 2 sites I have been to I ran 1f and it works really well for me with both coils but it really works with the 5" coil. Can run sens. at 90 and fairly stable. Decided to go to a field that is one of the oldest still being used and has given numerous gold finds to me and my friends. Used 11" with a sens. of 50. {looking for recent drops in grass} disc 8 and DE mode. When on a good target I get a solid signal. 3g.14k-p band. Not sure if its a petit ladies wedding band or a kids gold ring. #3 for the year. Going back with 5" soon and crank it up. I was getting some really deep repeatable signals. I didn't want to go to deep on a this field but temptation may get the best of me. A few silver coins have been taken there a couple of years ago so a chance for some silver is there. Thanks to Revier for sharing his F70 setting. Thanks for looking JR

Hey hey...nice save!
I do like the extra modulation you get in 1F or 2F, but I think 1 tone for me is actually the quietest I have found so far and I can turn the sense and the threshold up the most using it without much chatter at all...if any.
Dave Johnson told someone that was having fits about chatter with his F75 to go to 1 tone and try that.
He didn't mention 1F or any others as far as I know so technically there might just be a difference even between 1 tone and 1F...but I will have to try it next time out and see.
Right now I am hunting a woods area high up a small mountain with lots of EMI from every tower around for miles and in other modes I have used it was not super quiet.
2F I used a lot and it was ok, but mono tone is way way quieter.
Scary and surprisingly quiet as a matter of fact.
I will use the 1F tone next visit and see if there is any difference I can notice.

Thats beautifu, JRl! :surprised: I may have to give these settings a go...thanks for the post, and congratulations on that dirt gold!:clapping:
Mud