Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3rd relic hunt with v3i this past weekend

I think I'm finally getting this v3i tuned in the way I like it for CW relic hunting sites! Woohoo. Finally. AND for the most part, I think I can discriminate between small iron bits and larger ferrous items like frags, finally!

How? Well for me and the slightly modified relic program posted by FOX, and using 3 frequency, VDI and spectrograph being all negative numbers, the 22.5 freq (blue) is strongest when pinpointing, with the 7.5 freq (red) being the 2 strongest. Now when 2.5 freq (green) is strongest, and VDI and spectrograph is all negative as well, then it was always JUNK IRON.

But it was great for finding large iron (which is okay to me since it could be shell frags)

But it freaking awesome to find frags and I find a parrot base (which I've never found before, and is so cool to me). The 7.5 freq (red) just locked on to the bullets and melted lead with ease. And deep on most items with the 13 inch Detech coil. But the parrot base was only 3 inches down, while some of the small melted lead was down 10 inches (go figure!) I was amazed too at how it found the little brass rivet or grommet thingamajigger and little buckle.

I'll try to post my settings later if anyone is interested.

Thanks for looking,
Bubba

Great work on nailing those artifacts!