Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3x18 5 pin "Bigfoot" style coil questions

Stoof-tabsallday

Who owns one? How does it run on your machines? Namely the 5 pins I own.
Looking to add some coils.
Wish they still made the 4 pin version.

I use one on my Outlaw, I found a gold wedding band with it when I put it on my Mojave. The coil goes about 5-6" deep in my soil.

highball said:
I use one on my Outlaw, I found a gold wedding band with it when I put it on my Mojave. The coil goes about 5-6" deep in my soil.
Awesome thanks!!!

i have one i use on my cortes conquistador and my modified compadre, i use it more than any of my other coils. covers ground very quick and pinpoints very well i bet it would do very well on your mojave

I have mine installed on my B2 uMax, and it simply will not come off, lol. Found more gold rings with this setup than I think any others I have. Coincidence?
Maybe, but, "I" don't think so. Lol
One of my favorites rigs to run.
Prior to installing it on the B2 uMax, I ran it on my Silver uMax, for "me", it ran fine and dandy there as well.
I consider it the king of the Top 5-6 inches. Fun as all get out, pinpoints of tip or heel very nicely... even hits the tiny earrings.
Hard one to beat, but again, that's just me. Lol

I may try it on my Mojave at some point.

Happy Hunting!

Ron

How is the weight guys? Does it make the detector very off balance?
Really wanting this coil.
Wish they still make the 4 pin :-(

If you use a sling harness with it weight is not a problem. When I hear a good signal I'll circle around and sweep the tip of the coil at the target. It makes it easy to size a target up and helps to knock out disked targets. Great for covering a whole park before everyone shows up on early mornings!

Without the harness it's bad then?

I have never used a sling with mine, but it does tend to be nose heavy. If you are hunting an area with a lot of targets, you probably won't even notice, beings you are only swinging short distances before stopping to dig and retrieve. Definitely worth it. I have went on all day trips with mine and been fine. Not as light as say a Bigfoot coil though.

Thanks ronhob!!!
That's the hope. Barely swinging and only digging lol.

The weight is not a issue for me. I have seen people turn the coil around so its not nose heavy, but I see no reason for that