Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4.0 Update

The latest update is 3.2,,,4.0 is just a theory at this point.
The closest I have seen for an actual date is when the 9" round HF coils ship which , according to a reputable dealer , will be 3/31/17.
We are still six weeks out if there are no further delays

The update process is quite simple . . . as long as you have a PC as it does not work on Mac's.

Simply launch the loader program that you can download from the XP website (the factory one - not the US one) and follow the on-screen prompts.

You go to the CONFIGURATION option your Deus and select UPDATE.

It will tell you what steps to follow but the key thing is if you have more than one set of headphones, only turn on ONE at a time. Once the update for the first pair is done, turn them off and them turn on the second pair.

It will find the coils you have if you have more than one automatically so make sure you have all of them near the computer when you start.

Total time from start to finish is under 5 minutes.

Hope this helps

Andy Sabisch

Null Detector said:
Andy Sabisch said:
The update process is quite simple . . . as long as you have a PC as it does not work on Mac's.

Andy Sabisch

So there's no Mac support for the download at all?

Mac support is your detecting partner with a PC:)

Sorry . . . it only works with a PC . . . the same way that the Exchange program for Minelab only works on a PC

Must be the cost / compatibility of Mac's

If you have mac you can use the program "Parallel " and download windows into parallel . I did it and upload XP-Deus program.. but it not cheap to instal ....I only did this needed programs in my studies

Wow.

I love XP, I love my Deus, but that's just disappointing.

I'm lucky my girlfriend has a pc notebook that I can borrow, but I shouldn't have to.

Okay, I'm done venting.

Now I can get to dreaming of 4.0 and the elliptical coil, and wonder if I can convince myself to replace a perfectly fine Garret Pro-Pointer AT with the even more expensive MI-6.

Thank you all of those who replied to me re Update,am I correct in saying that you were all referring to 4.0 UPDATE Not 3.2 .Thanks Bryan

Bryan

We assumed you were talking about updating to V4.0 when released. When you install the update conduit, you will be able to choose from V2.0, V3.2 and V4.0 from a drop down menu. You can go back and forth if you see a need to do so. Once you do it once, it is extremely easy to do so. The one point to remember is that when you do the update, all of your custom settings are erased so make sure you write down those you want to save.

Hope this answers your question

Andy Sabisch

am I the only one who got this email? coming in March. http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/news/deus-v4-coming-soon/

shoover said:
am I the only one who got this email? coming in March. http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/news/deus-v4-coming-soon/

Only the 9"round coil and pinpointer is listed as March, the elliptical is May and no date for 4.0 upgrade......

Did I read it wrong?

Jim

The HF coil (9" will be released first) and the MI-6 Pinpointer will not work without V4.0 so you can infer what you want but if you buy either accessory, without V4.0 they will be fancy paperweights . . . so do you think that XP would release the coil and pinpointer without the software . . . remember, V4.0 will be free so there is probably no need to promote the release date for something that is free.

Andy

There have been "Promoting" V4 for over a year almost :starwars:
I wish they would just release it, seems like we are waiting on a ghost to come out of the closet

Andy Sabisch said:
The HF coil (9" will be released first) and the MI-6 Pinpointer will not work without V4.0 so you can infer what you want but if you buy either accessory, without V4.0 they will be fancy paperweights . . . so do you think that XP would release the coil and pinpointer without the software . . . remember, V4.0 will be free so there is probably no need to promote the release date for something that is free.

Andy
Why wait on the v4.0 update if it's ready?
I personally have zero interest in the 9" round coil or the pinpointer but many of us may be interested in the software update.

Because V4.0 is NOT ready . . . not sure what makes you think it is.

All of the new accessories need to work with the V4.0 software and while you might have zero interest in them, they are part of the updated software. The testing is taking place to ensure the software works with them for the 95% of the people that want at least one of them as well as the 5% that simply want the software update.

Personally I am sure that future updates will not be discussed prior to their release as was done when V3.0 - V3.2 was released. That way there is no hype, speculation and angst when it is not released due to issues that arose. Many of you have said XP should release it and then issues patches to address any issues . . . . . if you feel the Microsoft-way of releasing software is the answer, XP does not subscribe to that approach. That happened when V3.0 was released followed by V3.1 and V3.2 within a few weeks and they have said there will be no V4.1, V4.2, etc.this time.

There have been multiple revisions to the V4.0 code (4.0.XX) to get to the present point and as issues are found they are getting addressed but when the release is made, it will be V4.0. Not sure how many users you think there are in the States but the US user base is a very small percentage of Deus owners worldwide. Everyone is anxious to get it but when it is released the number of people that will be downloading it will make your head spin. The last thing XP wants is an issue with the build that requires more recoding, testing and another release.

Personally I would rather have it right than right now and that is the approach that XP is taking.

Andy Sabisch

There have been some beta posters with videos...it seems that it will enhance the dues and it works a bit faster some new programs to hunt with and it is free...worth the wait!

Well Said Andy, I totally agree with you,lets have a time to wait for the right package, grow up and mature.oneill