Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4.5 Sniper Coil

bradwheat777

I have been messing around with the 4.5 sniper coil on air testing etc and noticed something strange. I thought the electromagnetic field was symmetrical. When I move a target on top the response is choppy but when I move the target across the bottom the response is solid. Has anyone else observed this? Thanks and HH..

Oh man don't be hitting me with those negative waves so early in the morning :rofl: Its a mother beautiful coil and it going to be good...

Agreed. Oddball is about the only role that I can tolerate DS, other than that not much use for him. But anyway thought it was strange that my coil is acting this way, granted I'm not going to be finding any goodies above the coil. Thanks for the laughs! HH.

When you're using the sniper coil sometimes a junk target can mask a good target. Swing east and west and the junk target may hide the good target, but if you turn the coil and swing it north and south, it will reveal the good target. Or vice versa. My 2 cents. HH

[size=large]i too believe it should respond to targets top or bottom the same way. Am considering buying the same coil so i am interested in responses of others to your question.

HH[/size]

I own the 4.5" Super Sniper coil. When installed on my AT Pro and used, it effectively does it's job with the ground under the coil. That is a coil's purpose, to detect targets below in the ground, not above. It is for a niched use and serves that purpose extremely well. (I just never thought of using it standing on my head.)

[size=large]To the best of my knowledge a coil has a magnetic field coming from the top and the bottom which should be the same when USED SUCH AS IN AIR TESTING. as in what Bradwheat777 is giving question to. why isn't the signal the same from the top as from the bottom. i hope a more intelligent answer might be found. although the comments regarding ODDBALL are correct observations as far as i'm concerned.

HH[/size]

All other detectors/coils I own or haved owned have never behaved this way. It almost sounds like a coin on edge, a double beep. Doesn't seem to affect VDI. Could it have something to do with the shielding that affects the top half of the field? Thanks and HH...