Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 gold coins in the hole!

JamesBondaka

Before I head south for the holidays, I decided to make a valiant attempt to find something....before I have to buy an Ark. Unusually wet this year and lots of it! I went an old park that I had not been to before. Raingear and all, I tried to make the best of it......thinking theres a silver lining behind the clouds.....or golden would be better. I also thought with all the rain....it would be better for deep targets. I did not hunt to very long and got multiple tone. Dug down about 7 inches and could not believe my eyes. 4 gold coins staring at me!

Too bad they were not the real ones. They had been in the ground for some time as the bezel on several coins are rusted in two. They look pretty good for being in the ground that long....but not like the real ones.....damn.

I had fun none the less. Until next time!

Good thing it wasn't me finding them. If I didn't have a heart attack upon first seeing them, I would have upon discovering they weren't real. Fun find, non the less. HH jim tn

n/t

slider66 said:
Great find! Congrats

I don't know how great it was but thanks anyway. I would rather find one like ray-mo did! No contest there.

This summer I was detecting a city park that at one time was a school yard. I saw just the rim of a yellow coin in the hole and very gingerly with shaking hands eased it out of the dirt. My heart rate was quite high until I saw that it was a gold plated clad quarter. People should not play tricks like that on an old man might give me a heart attack.

GeorgeinSC said:
This summer I was detecting a city park that at one time was a school yard. I saw just the rim of a yellow coin in the hole and very gingerly with shaking hands eased it out of the dirt. My heart rate was quite high until I saw that it was a gold plated clad quarter. People should not play tricks like that on an old man might give me a heart attack.

I hear your pain brother:thumbdown:

Still a cool find James! Sure would of got my heart pounding!

I have not found a golden coin other than the Sacagawea dollar but you still have a great four coins find & sorry they were not real.

Texas Ed

Mine too Dighistory!

bummer! reminds me of when im looking for buttons and one of them 1800s shotgun shells flys out.

Your subject line had me thinking "no stinkin' way!" If it had toned out at the right range my hands would have been shaking when I first saw them.

I feel your pain , but that sort of thing happens often in this hobby. The extreme rush to the major letdown.