Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 hours, best find was a 1740 half penny

Water wizard

It was much calmer today, light rain, I did 4 hours, along the pebble ridge, on the clay, in the rocks and down near low tide on the wet sand. I thought I hadn't found much of interest apart from an old lead panther, but when my girlfriend did the clean up she spotted a 1740 George 2nd half penny! A queen Victora penny from 1890 and another from 1867! I was on some deep old coins out there today! The only Jewellery was a tiny dolphin on a red bead, the only spendable money

Very nice 1740 1/2 penny! If only some of these kinds of finds could talk!! what stories they could tell......allthough they would promptly commit us to the lunatic asylum if we started hearing voices from coins and such!!!!! There has to be so much treasure in the English channel. If only I had my youth back (I'm 62 y/o with a sore shoulder at the moment!!) too much swinging detector's LOL!!! I would be in the treasure salvage business! Anyway, great finds and we applaud you for your tenacity in those freezing temp's over there! It's cool here in Southern California..mid 60's F! I cannot complain! G.L. H.H.

Very nice finnds wizard.that bad weather is treating you pretty good. Coppers are in fairly decent shape for being found in saltwater.congrats.

Thank you both, I don't know much about old coins, I've found about 500 since November, I will have to go through them....if I've got good ones I'll post them up...

Keep safe mate, I hear the storm later today is gonna be a real big one!
Should bring the really old stuff up out in the open, maybe even some bling :shocked:
All I managed for a 5 hour hunt on the east coast was 4 coins! all modern, and two bits of junk jewellery, plus loads of ringpulls...right sound but wrong result when dug :pulltab:
[attachment 283862 2014-tat2.jpg]

WTG WW. I'd love to find a coin that old. Hope you post what you find in this area after the next storm. HH.