Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 New ATPRO instructional videos on Garrett site as of 3/7/13

Garrett home has 4 new instructional videos for the ATPRO dated 3/7/13. They were helpful to me.
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_videos.aspx

I wonder why they did this? There was nothing wrong with their older AT Pro instructional videos.

I will take all the help I can get. Still feel a bit overwhelmed by the Pro after so many years with the Ace 250. Learning by trial and error can make for a steep learning curve and far too many holes being dug.
I like your screen name Roland. Would you be the cowboy dude that keeps following me across the wastelands?? I usually dress all in black.

I suspect they were getting a lot of questions from newcomers so the updated instructional videos help to answer these.

If you like the older videos, there was a DVD that came with the detector.

gordygroover said:
I will take all the help I can get. Still feel a bit overwhelmed by the Pro after so many years with the Ace 250. Learning by trial and error can make for a steep learning curve and far too many holes being dug.
I like your screen name Roland. Would you be the cowboy dude that keeps following me across the wastelands?? I usually dress all in black.

I am he Man in Black. You are the first to notice. Cool.

Looks like to me they changed, added and revised the material. And they wanted to advertise their accessories too. And I didn't get a DVD.

RolandDeschain said:
gordygroover said:

I am he Man in Black. You are the first to notice. Cool.
Just call me walter.

n/t

One of those videos answered an unanswered question I had. I appreciate Garrett for producing the videos.

I didn't get a video when I bought my used Pro and the earlier batch of instructional vids. on you-tube didn't really give me a good feel for how to pinpoint my targets,
After watching vid. four this early a.m. (pinpointing explained) I did a hunt at a local, coin rich sports field and had a great hunt. 19 quarters among the $6.12 I found. I am sure I could have done that well with my 250 but it was the ease of zeroing in on the target FINALLY that made me happiest. It is only my fourth hunt with the Pro so I am slowly climbing up the learning curve.
Thanks for posting the vids Childe Roland.

gordygroover said:
I didn't get a video when I bought my used Pro and the earlier batch of instructional vids. on you-tube didn't really give me a good feel for how to pinpoint my targets,
After watching vid. four this early a.m. (pinpointing explained) I did a hunt at a local, coin rich sports field and had a great hunt. 19 quarters among the $6.12 I found. I am sure I could have done that well with my 250 but it was the ease of zeroing in on the target FINALLY that made me happiest. It is only my fourth hunt with the Pro so I am slowly climbing up the learning curve.
Thanks for posting the vids Childe Roland.

Long days and pleasant nights to you with your ATPRO.

I didn't get a dvd with my at/pro either, but the videos are just what I need. One thing tho, if I watch the videos on garrett's site it eats up my data plan, but if I watch them on you tube, it doesn't. Unless the satellite company is pulling my leg. Thanks Garrett and to the other people on these forums that post videos to help us out and those on you tube by other metal detector users. HH

Wow, I didn't get a video either. But I did get some other cools stuff with it. My guess as to why Garrett has new videos is that there has been a lot of negative comparisons with other machines vs. the AT Pro. Maybe Garrett is trying to educate those that didn't read the book. A lot of the comparisons are giving false information regarding the workings of this great machine. I am a VERY new (5 days) owner of this machine and it was my first so I agree that the learning curve is pretty steep.

Maybe someone here could help me out. I get a lot of numbers around 52-56 for can slaw and 76-80 for bottle caps. But sometimes my machine registers 90 + which is usually a coin and it turns out to be aluminum. I have considered the soil content but this is in the same park. What gives?

I have had the same problem just listen to the signal and you will notice a difference in the tones not as jumpy. Nice and solid means you have a coin.