Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 pin to 5 pin rewire schematics straight from Garrett!!!

PennyFinder

I've emailed Garrett and here is the rewire instruction Brad at Garrett offered to us fine folk on the Garrett Forum

Garrett ADS Deepseeker 5.5kz four pin connector types to ADS Master Hunter 7 five pin connector types.

Here are the pinouts for both the 4 pin connector and 5 pin connector.

The Shield wire is on Pin 1
Black wire is on Pin 2
Red wire is on Pin 3
White wire is on Pin 4

If there is a green wire it is not connected to anything, also if it is a 5 pin connector there is nothing connected to the center pin.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Brad Keel
Customer Service - Tech Support
Garrett Metal Detectors
Ph: 800-527-4011
Fax: 972-494-1881

Hey Mark,

A groundhog coil will not work on the scorpion, just because they are both 15 khz doesn

[attachment 151394 IMG_0416.JPG]these are great..if anyone is interested ..instead of rewiring headphones i can sell you an adaptor that ll go from a 4 pin to a five pin, so you can use the standard wiring for a 4 pin and if needed adapt to a five pin unit using the same headphones...if interested just pm me, this might just be allot easier..imo..:clapping:

The rewire schematics from Brad at Garrett was for the ADS Deepseeker four pin Coils to ADS Master Hunter 7 ADS five pin Coil connectors.

PennyFinder

i understand that you need for a search coil, this adaptor will work same....jmho......
good luck
it was just an idea ...
hh
john

Sorry there John, I have never seen those 4pin/5pin mic adapters before, these may vary well work as it looks like the 5th pin on the coil wire is a dummy wire! Thanks for the tip! How much is it?

PennyFinder

yes there water proof,but id still wrap some tape around them just to make really tight..imo,
we sell these in our shop for 12.95 plus shipping ,you can pm me if your interested in one..
hope this helps out instead of rewiring everything..
good luck
hh
john

This is important to you Master Hunter 7 ADS owners thinking of doing this mod, you guys should read so you don't blow your machine!

Hey Mark,

The ADS 7 was made from 1984 to 1986 and those were made with the Deepseeker coils. Then in 1989 for one year they made the ADS 7 again and this time the ADS 7 had a transformer in it and took a Crossfire coil. Then in 1990 they came out with the Master Hunter 7x. So for one year they did make a ADS 7 with the Crossfire coil and not the Deepseeker coil.

Please let me know if there is anything else I do for you in the future.

Thanks,

Brad Keel
Customer Service - Tech Support
Garrett Metal Detectors
Ph: 800-527-4011
Fax: 972-494-1881

==========================================================================================================================

PennyFinder

:garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett::garrett: