Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 Silver Coin Spill

miserman

Today I hunted a rural recreation area that was built in the early 50's. It is an area that was established by a local college to be used by the employees of the school for annual picnics and special occasions. It is about five acres of open field with several picnic shelters. I started by hunting in the open field area so I could stay away from the trashy ground around the shelters. The area was clean enough that I could run the F75 in the Motion All Metal Mode. After finding several early 60's pennys, I had a signal that was reading a solid 78 with a full bars on the confidence meter. Pinpointing showed a depth of 7 inches. It seemed to me that it was a clad quarter signal. After digging down the full length of the Lesch digger I turned the plug over and saw the 1944 Washington Quarter stuck to the bottom of the plug. Then I ran the pinpointer around the bottom of the hole and got another signal . I removed a little more dirt and saw the 1953 Washington Quarter. The last signal in the hole was the War Nickel with a Mercury dime stuck to it. I found one more Mercury dime in the area along with about twenty mid 60's pennys and clad dimes. I didn't find any Wheats,which was surprising to me. I hunted the whole time with the F75 in All Metal and there was very little foil or pull tabs.The grass was getting tall around the hunting area so i need to go back when it is shorter. .....Thanks for looking
000_0116.jpg

Last edited:
Love those high tones in conjunction with good depth, that's where a lot of the silver is hiding. Really cool finding all that silver in one hole

Boy that place sounds like someplace to investigate a little further! Congratulations on some nice finds. Do hope you’re planning to return for more.

:drool: Love to see finds like that, nice work.

Ron in WV

Miserman, I agreed with your thoughts on returning back when the grass is mowed, that alone will give you some extra depth. Also you might consider cross gridding that area, may pay some dividends.