Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 silver day!!!

Had a four silver day with some clad as well. Found a nice sterling silver hoop earring and 3 silver coins. The quarter is my first with this detector and for the year. I nicked the Rosie just abit on the edge, too bad. The silver war nickel was in the same hole as the quarter, about two inches below it. After finding the quarter, the pin pointer was telling me something else was in the hole. Fist two-silver hole, don't think they were from the same spill though. This war nickel is pretty corroded, not as nice as the one I found last weekend, but there is no mistaking the "P" over the Montecello, and you can just barely make out the 1944 date. Finding that quarter was such a thrill, pretty much came out nice and white as shown.

Wow you had a great day! Nice going on finding four silvers in one day.:cheers: That doesn't happen too often.

I've been waiting on some rain before going detecting again, but you got me stirred up and wanting to go now with or without rain.:detecting:

Thanks Tabman, I know what you mean about the rain. It has been pretty dry hear and the ground is getting hard. Finding the war nickel today was pure luck, as it was a good 7 inches deep and I know the Golden uMax would not have found it, as I am sure the detector only hit on the silver quarter which was two inches above it, but I will take that kind of luck any day!

Thats a very good day,

Very well done,some nice finds for sure :thumbup:

hatpin said:
cool . too bad it wasnt a gold earring .

I actually thought it was gold when I dug it up, as it rang up on the higher middle tone and it looked like gold out of the ground. Once I got home and cleaned it up, the golden look washed away and I ended up with silver. Still looking for my third gold item for the season, and I dug ALL the lower middle tones, finding many nickels in the process.