Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 tones on F75 DST

togg77

Hi Guys I just got my upgraded 75 back and was wondering if any of you ever use 4 tones so that nickels are a high tone--this would seem to save time from not digging foil etc.??

I have and like it, but if you are in a high tab area it will high tone a lot on them as well as nickels.

Ron in WV

I use 4H, sometimes 3H, a lot when I am hunting parks looking for coins but keeping an eye out for gold jewelry too.
On my second or third hunt with my F70, maybe only 10 hours on the thing and not knowing what I was doing yet that high tone alerted me to one of the nicest gold rings I have ever found.
Tested for 14k but I suspect it is actually platinum and 18k so it might sell for enough to pay for my entire rig.
Right next to trash, too, that high tone was fleeting but it was there and that is the only thing that clued me in on that one.
I have never had problems finding nickels with any detector but with this genius feature I find more than ever before, also.

I use 3h and 4h almost exclusively for coin hunting and while I do dig some square tabs and tab tales, I have found more old nickels with the F 75's then I have with any other detector. HH jim tn

Thanks guys--I luv nickels, esp.buffalos after I found 2 pristine buffs in the same hole with a MetroTec in 1973.

Give the '2L' or even the 'DP' a try. I had used the '3H' for many years but after getting my F75 upgraded and reading remarks of others that did the upgrade, I tried the tones I mentioned and my nickel count has really gone up. I really do like '2L'.