Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4' x 100' patch of dirt.

zeekeys

Went out to dig some fresh dropped coins but found only a few coins in the park. So I figured I would look for a few pennies. I was out less than 2 hours. This is from a small patch of 4x100 feet. The F70 is great for these kind of hunts. I notch out iron, foil and pull tabs. Run Disc@1, sens@53, thresh@-3 and tones@dp. Of course this is one of Mud's settings. I really haven't tried dp tones in some time but I am beginning to see what Mud is talking about. In the last 2 weeks I have had 5 hunts with about 30 coins and 3 hunts with over 50 coins. When periods of not much to dig I start to work on what the F70 can do with other settings. I run a tight coin program, dig small amounts of trash. Usually run the F70 Disc@20, Sens@60, Thresh@-3, Tones@4H Notch out pull tabs. Basically dig all high tones. I use a 6" screwdriver to pop the coins out.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails....Z

Those are YOUR original settings I got from you 5yrs ago! the 20disc ones...

REVIER talked us into going with a 1 disc and its killer..Those are about the PERFECT settings for hitting a new place and figuring out whats in there...they keep the coin signature so tight and accurate on depth just by audio a guy can tell immediately what it is and how deep and if a guy has to adjust sens up or down from there..

.I've used those settings with great success in GA,AL,TN,MS,NC,KY,IN,ID,WI,OH,and run them daily here in MI...hardly ever ground balance...so I believe this is about the Right setting parameter for just about anywhere...like you said, very little if any trash unless a guy gets curious about a strange one....

those DP tones will grow on you...especially a dime eater, and of course that big Q tone stops a guy dead.....the higher a guy goes on sens, on shallow coins its too strong and makes the ping too large, too hard to quick stab if the target signature is too large...I only crank it up if I'm getting deeper pings (6") in older dirt, otherwise, right there in the low 50's..

Nice hunt there buddy! And thanks for getting me started off 'right' with the F70!:clapping:
Mud

5 years ago! You talking about another life time for me? Gadzooks Mud trying to remember what happened 5 years ago would probably cause a great loss of hair off the top of my head... :spin:
I did another hunt today in a trashy park that had a lot of emi today. Construction work around the corner. F70 settings: Disc@1, Sens@53, Thresh@-3, Tones@dp, notch out pull tab. I was using the 6.5" football coil and the signals were just to short to get a real good fast swing going. Too many grunts, beeps and false signals to deal with for a smooth detecting pace. I was jerking, stopping, reading meter, going back looking for the signal way too slow. Went through all F7 HZ settings not any worked to quiet F70 down. Reset F70: Disc@20, Sens@53, Thresh@-3, Tones@4H, notch out pull tabs. Not as much noise and easier to find the high targets. I think the construction workers went to lunch because the emi went away. I picked the pace up and had a nice quiet rest of a hunt. Mud you use a 11" coil and I think the signal length maybe a little longer than on the 6.5" coil? I plan to go back to the park and redo what I did this morning with the second settings on the F70. Hope that the emi will be gone? It is just another experiment. Picture of today's hunt. Junk ring and a bent dime.

IBdigging there were so many target together lots of time I used the pin pointer to locate the coins.

SL52 thanks for reply... Happy Trails......Z

Hey Z, what's that gold looking round thing with a finger size hole in it? Looks familiar! Good job working through the emi. HH jim tn

That kept you busy for a wile

Thanks guys... I haven't had to deal with emi in a few years. It must of been coming from the construction equipment? Jim that was a aluminum ring if I remember right, it gave me a good coin signal? Gunnar that was a great Indian head, fine job. Happy Trails.....Z