Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4 x 8 prototype coil for the Deus?

Henrikras (Geotech forum) made a couple coils for the Deus including a 15".
He canibalized one of his coils and created new coils that plug into the electronics (from the canabilized coil) that are housed in a box that he attaches to the shaft.
From there it's wireless to the control box.

If I could get a coil for cheap I would like to do the same. It's not worth destroying a $500 coil just to experiment IMHO, I'm not that good.
Henrikras is an amazing tinkerer and has had some good success with his Deus coils.

Moderator, I hope my reference to the Geotech forum isn't out of line. Its strictly a tech forum. If it is, please delete my post and accept my humble apology.

Hi, just to let you know that XP's director Alain Loubet said a few weeks ago that a 4"x9" elliptical coil will be provided in 2015. I can't wait this kind of coil, with the amazing reactivity of this MD it's gonna rock my world in ferrous spots!
See ya.

If a factory made 4"x9" elliptical coil is coming soon,then that will be fantastic on our roman and saxon sites which have alot of trash on them,they do seem to produce some game changing detectors,i only use a 9'' coil but as shown in the video a eliptical coil certainly has some advantages.

Thanks for notice my coil work.... :thumbup:
If any should give it a try, Donald Bowes got the coil shell and all the details can be found in Geotech forum.