Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

%%%% 4500 vs 5000

beepinpete_wa

Hi Guys n Gals

Well, weve all clocked a good few hours up now runnin the 4500/5000, and one thing i really would like to hear is ??

A General feeling of the percentage of advance of the 5000 over the 45000, not only in the percieved or achievable depth,
but also in the handling of the two detectors, running all the Minelab and after market coils on the market.

Personally i have a figure somewhere around the 15% - 23% mark, but please keep in mind the fact that i have been
running all the minelab versions from the 2000 to the 5000 and prior to that the VLF xt 17000/18000.

Over here in western australia the main advance we have noticed is the leap in smoothness & sens at greater depths running a Mono coil
on the very rough heavy ironstone areas and salt laden areas/lakes, both of wich we can now tame very well with a Mono coil..

How does the 5000 run on your hunting ground ????? vs the 45000 mono combo ??

Also: who of us has used the 45000/5000 on the relic/beach grounds and what was your findings on these types of grounds ?? .

Personally after runnin the 5000 i have a few, and i mean very few times, gone back to runnin a 45 and No Sir! i dont like it..

Pete in WEST OZ :ausflag:

Pete in WA :smoke:

Hi Pete,

Looks like Woody, creator of the Detector Mods website/forum, puts that number at 5%. Quote: "Just about every (Minelab PI) model is 95% the same as the previous one," Please note: This was taken out of context. Pete, my first Minelab was a new FT-16000 that I purchased from Pieter Heydelaar back in 1990 I think it was. Made my first trip to Oz with it the following year. Those were the days...............

J.J.

Gday JJ

Mate, i used to have a small book written by Pieter Heydelaar on how to use the GB2, man they where the days alright, every rock giving a signal
and talk about shallow gold, but i never ever came home from a days outing with no gold, that spot was where i once ran into a fellow forum member (Nielo)
way back in the 90s and from memory i think he was running an XT18000 then, i see from his latest posts that he is still hunting that same ground &
using a GB2 these days,and getting some fine nuggets too, so it just goes to show how the gold can persist in many areas even using the same old tried and tested gear...

Happy Hunting

Pete in WA

Pete,

Thank you for the great story on your mates big nugget find and the settings information, much appreciated. And, also for bringing back some great memories. I bought my first Minelab, a FT-16000 from Pieter back in 1990 or 91 (?) just before heading over to Queensland for a month of hunting. What a trip that was, been trying to get back ever sense. You are absolutely right Pete, "man they were the days alright".......................

J.J.