Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

#46 & 47 FTY 42 Washington AND ........

a 1916 REAL CLEAN Barber dime! And the dime I thought was a penny, but had tone and only max a 7-27 VID, was 9+ inches down and surprised the hell out of me. I scraped around the bottom of the plug after removing another at least 2" and I saw the bluish silver hint of a dime. At that point I said whoa, it's silver! Popped it out and HOLY COW it's a Barber! The 42 Washington I would have expected at this park, but the dime, never. Also dug a BSA folding knife about ten feet from the Washington. I didn't take a picture of that. I got a box full of them! The Washington was also in the 8" depth range. Thankfully, although there was some drizzle about, it rained all weekend and the rock hard ground has now turned to soft butter. Temps in the upper 60's and low 70's too! What a relief from the heat!

Ed