Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4800 how deep in ground on a dime

GunnarMN

How deep can the 4800 get a dime with a clearly diggable signal , I want to get one for hunting the farm field , because the targets are up to 15" deep and i dont want to miss any , I do not have the money now but if I ever do the gpx 4800 with 11 DD would be my chioce at this time

I don't know about a dime, but a friend of mine showed me a Large Cent he pulled with his 5000... he said it was 12" deep and loud and clear. It would have been heard at a much deeper depth.

I tried to incorporate my GPX for coin hunting and played around with various timings and settings. I was trying to figure out how much I could lessen the sensitivity to smaller things while still being able to get coins.

The target I used was a dime I buried at 9" with a tape measure. I could still get the dime with a gain setting of 1...which is its lowest setting. That amazed me. So with more gain and the right timing, I think 12-15 inches would be very obtainable on dime size coins. I know I've found civil war bullets down to 20 inches in hot red clay.

Daniel that is incredible depth , 20 " I know the gpx is what i need thats amazing

Yes, it will discriminate small iron up to a certain depth - if its deeper than 8-10 inches the iron reject does not work very well.