Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4800 vs 5000 depth ?

SWMO Mark

I am thinking about getting a 4800, primarily for relic hunting. Does the 4800 have the same depth as the 5000 ? Dont think I would ever need the other 2 timeings of the 5000. I dont have anyone in my area that keeps these 2 in stock. What is a good price for a 4800? Or would a used 4500 work just as well for my type of hunting? Thanks, Mark

They re the same machine. The 4800 just has less timings. Unless you need the other timings save the money.

Having hunted 6 DIV's where both machines were present I can tell you that there is no difference in the depths of recoveries made with either machine.

I just purchased the 5000 and although there is a huge learning curve on the signals... good / bad, I am loving so far!! I would highly recommend reading up on both machines. If you go to youtube and search for gpx, a good number of videos are there for you to get a good idea of the difference in the machines. I believe that the 5000 has better ground balancing than the 4800 or 4500. All the best in your search and HH.....

Tom~
(Isaiah 55:6-7)

The 5000 is the better detector it runs quiter and is more stable the price for the extra timmings is well worth it.We use them for prospecting with mono coils.5000 is a good choice.