Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4hr hunt with the AT-Gold

Todd Pickens

I spent 4 hrs at the swimmen hole today trying to get some more rings, but no luck today. The water has stopped flowing and the little pools that are left are full of dieing fish. This will probably be my last water hunt until the drought ends. I ran my ATG in all metal again an dug everything until I got sick of digging. I had to empty my trash bag twice. I also think I let a small nugget get away from me. I also wasted a good bit of time digging bird shot today. For every target in the pic I probably dug 5 pull tabs or screw caps. I dug my first dollar coin today. There is 6.80 something in change, one hoop ear ring, a small piece of chain and other junk. I will probably hit this place with my E-Trac next.
2012-08-18225205.jpg

Nice haul! I remember finding my first dollar coin with the AT-Pro, found it the first day I had the thing lol! Haven't found one since though... HH :)

Went back today and ran my E-Trac over some ground I ran the ATG over, not to bash my ATG, but to see what I was missing. I dont like water detecting with the Trac but I did it any way. I did tie it off to me. The ground I am working is very hot my Trac did not like it at all. I had to take it out of auto sens and put it into man. 20. I found 3 good targets all were deep. I don't know if they were too deep for the ATG but one of the targets was 18" from one of my holes I dug Sat. This is my biggest silver I have found it weighed 39.5 g This bracelet was 10" deep in the black sand. I think all my missing gold is probably down this deep or deeper. My Trac likes big gold but its not so great on small gold rings especially if they are deep and I cant run my sensitivity up, that's what I got the ATG for. It was a good hunt 2 rings and the bracelet. One ring has stones in it. The watch has been in the water for a while it looks like it was Gold plated at one time.

2012-08-20134933.jpg