Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4th Deus Silver, Ring and Turtle

DukeOBass

Scored my 4th silver with the Deus today and dug some very deep corroded wheaties. I dug some of those repeatable, weak signals and was rewarded by deep items. This is where my Chefphones really prove themselves. They block out a ton of outside sound so I'm able to hear those faint signals.

[size=large]1957 Roosevelt, 1930, 1940 and 1950 Wheaties with Turtle[/size]
[attachment 288779 04192014Finds_1.jpg]

[size=large]Ring[/size]
[attachment 288781 04192014Ring1_1.jpg]
[attachment 288782 04192014Ring2_1.jpg]

Nice finds. I confess that the faint tones can be harder to hear on the backphones. And I can't turn it up much louder than 5 or all of the surface trash will permanently impair my hearing!

Rich

The chefphones are really good at blocking out sound and they aren't costly at all. They start with a pair hearing protection ear muffs and install speakers in them.

Nice finds! The best way I've found to block out the loud surface signals from trash is to set audio response to 1, audio overload to 0 or 1, and TX to 1. It's not perfect but it will help you better discriminate the faint signals from the surface stuff. You do, however, give up a fraction of an inch of max depth with these settings...

Thanks. That sounds like it would probably take care of a lot of the "Squeaks and Squawks". I'll have to try it.

I use the headphone adapter so can use my killer b's, I've used these for 5 years now, it's what I'm used to. Do the chefphones have dual volume control?

Congats on the 4th silver.

No. The only volume control is on the WS4 controller.