Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

4x7 elliptical coil for Delta series machines

Just picked one up. Have never seen one before so I thought I would buy it with my tax return funny money. Does anyone know whether these are widescan or concentric? Really excited to use it on my LST. From what it looks like it's pretty rare. Not a whole lot of info out there.

They are a widescan coil originally intended for the lobo Super Trac. Very very very rare coil. Will work on any 4 pin machine.
You got really lucky there.
That's the only coil I know of that can't really be found.
My Troy super 7 was pretty rare but because it was offered on a detector there were many sold.
The coil you have was strictly an accessory coil and back then I don't believe the HOT 4 pins were out so the lobo may have been the only detector able to use it, but don't quote me on that.
If I owned that coil, I would send it into Tesoro with a $50 check and have them make sure it's in top shape. They may have to rebuild/retune it, but that's a coil is send in.
When I got my Troy, I sent my Deleon I had just gotten in with it to kill two birds with one check lol. Had it rebuilt and also had my Deleon tuned to it. Great combo but it was worth the $50 to me to have the coil put back in perfect working order (or as I thought at the time to have it checked)

Description says "New". Looks new too or at the very least very lightly used. I am really happy to get it. Wanted a smaller coil for working trashy areas. Why was it discontinued? Is it only popular for rarity or is it a high functioning coil or both? Thanks for the response.

Not sure. I have the same question about the 4 pin "Bigfoot style" 3x18 coil. They still make the 5 pin but not the 4 anymore.

Couldn't tell you why they do anything they do but there must have been a reason.

I do know that if you look up on the forums, many people were/are looking for one so it must function well.
Definitely will help in trashy are for the size plus being widescan it works well in mineralization.

I'll send it in with the Lobo along with the stock lobo coil and see what they can do. It's raining constantly here anyhow and I have another unit I can use if it clears up for enough time to not be digging in mud puddles.

Are you the original purchaser of the lobo? They may have a look at it for free if you send it with your lobo. Not sure about with the stock coil

I'm not the original owner but I am willing to pay them for checking if out.

Just read the field test for the LST and it only mentions a 7 inch elliptical concentric. So it must actually be a concentric coil. Either way sounds like it will be good in trash.

I picture of the coil will totally nail what type of coil it is !! just a suggestion of course.

If this coil was made for the LST then it will be a concentric coil. I think Tesoro may have made a smaller elliptical coil for the original Lobo (also a 4-pin) that will not work on the later LST. The actual dimensions for the smaller elliptical concentric coil are 3-5/8" x 7-1/8" and they were much better in trashy areas versus the larger stock elliptical widescan coil. Hope this helps and good luck!

Yep..made a coil like that for Lobo..plugs are backwards as compared to Lobo super Trac.....Have both and a 3x18..for it...Dont know why they don't make the cleensweep anymore???........Sorta like the Diablo(Sweet little machine)...they don't make anymore....some of that stuff is hard to find...

Texadillo said:
If this coil was made for the LST then it will be a concentric coil. I think Tesoro may have made a smaller elliptical coil for the original Lobo (also a 4-pin) that will not work on the later LST. The actual dimensions for the smaller elliptical concentric coil are 3-5/8" x 7-1/8" and they were much better in trashy areas versus the larger stock elliptical widescan coil. Hope this helps and good luck!

I don't think they know how to make the 4 pin CSC anymore, they might have lost a lot of the art of what Jack did and I think he was an artist some liked he work others not so much but that is something that cant be taught maybe its more about feel ?

I await Mojave to see what's going on at the big T today :shrug:

AJ

According to Allan at Tesoro only a handful of these coils were made and some are widescan some are concentric. I guess I will have to test when it gets here.