Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.00 Nautilus Detector

Rick W

Went to a yardsale this morning and got this old, dirty DMC for 5.00! Don't know if it works yet, but a ha
20210703_173845.jpg
ppy find!

I had one, late 80's early 90's and did well with it. Upgraded to the 2b since then and did well with that one too. Good luck...hope that one works!

Th
I had one, late 80's early 90's and did well with it. Upgraded to the 2b since then and did well with that one too. Good luck...hope that one works!
Thanks! I did manage to find 2 9v batteries in the house. I didn't get my hopes up, but it DOES WORK! I'm gonna have to get an owners manual for this, because it has a lot of switches and knobs.

Any help would be appreciated! There are 2 switches on the front of the box(where the batteries are). One switch over the other. No labels there. If anybody can tell me what the top and bottom switches do, and how to position them, I would really appreciate it. THANKS!

I think that's who I talked to today. I called earlier today and leftt a message with my questions. He called me back and answered all of my questions. Very nice guy. It was too hot today to go out with it, but I took notes while talking to him. I used to have a Nautilus that I sent to them, and they put a new, modern shaft assembly on li, tuned it, and it worked perfectly. I should have kept that one. Their customer service is top- notch!!

Wayne bought out what was left of the Nautilus business. That old machine is probably one of the best. I have and still use on occasion a 2B. Wayne is in Four Oaks, NC about 20 minutes from me. He is the last hope for Nautilus users as far as repairs. He is a good guy. I have a 2B manual. They are extremely hard to find but the best instructions I found were on the Nautilus forum on this site. Wish they hadn't taken it down.
Mike

For a mere $5, it was worth taking a chance on it being in working condition.
Glad to hear it started up for you!!!
Looks like it has had a lot of use… that says something about the quality of these detectors.

I remember in the 1980's when the Nautilus was THE detector for relic hunting. The club I was in was divided into the Coin shooters and the Relic hunters. As a kid, I always thought the relic hunters were cooler!