Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 1/2 Coil for Vaquero

cal

Is anybody using the 5 1/2 in widespan or concentric on there Vaquero, Cibola,or Tehon? I am interested in trying one for my Vaquero.

cal,I have a 5.75" concentric coil for my Vaquero. It does great in dense trash and has almost the same depth
as the stock 9x8 coil. It's a must have coil for coin hunting I think.

Roger

YEP, I have both. I have 2 vaqueros. One for here in America with the 5 & 3/4" concentric. One with the 5 & 3/4 " wide scan for the Philippines. The beaches in the Philippines has more menerals than ours. That's why I use the wide scan for the Philippines. I love them both. The smaller coil is just a tad bit better on small gold items. I like gold jewelry. I don't need the wide scan here where I hunt, because I don't have many mineral problems. Hope that helps a little. I am not the best to explain things, but I try... KEN

Bought a widescan 5.75 coil for my Vaquero but would not ground balance very well so traded it for the 3X 6 coil and it works Perfectly could have been a bad coil dont know

I had the 5.75 widescan on my mine and it found me a pewter 1787 fugio cent at 8" deep at a cellar hole. And buttons up the ying yang around the trashy new England cellar holes. I loved it, I wish I had the concentric to compare it too. But I was impressed with the depth