Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5-11 Finds

Tcpa15

I was hunting in a park that is near an 1863 Union encampment. The area of the camp is completely covered in houses, but the park is close enough to have been occupied. The problem is that most of the soil has been graded and turned. I did find a small patch of woods that looked relatively undisturbed. Unfortunately, I found at least a dozen pull tabs and a few metal scraps. The only thing I kept were two very old shotgun shell bases, and these two small metal objects. I was wondering if there is any chance that these might be friction primers. they were from the same area about 10 feet apart. Probably wishful thinking on my part , but I would value other opinions.

Attachments

• 5-11 Finds.jpeg
    5-11 Finds.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 112
Interesting finds. Are the rods copper tubing? If so, it could be part of the air conditioner pipe.

Not enough detail see the case head stamp but looks older.
I believe the two coppers tubes may be cannon fuses, I’ve dug several here on the University lawns.
Keep working that area!!!

Attachments

• 04F69737-AC71-41E8-BBD2-80714A22E7D6.jpeg
    04F69737-AC71-41E8-BBD2-80714A22E7D6.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 82
Well I spent some time trying to find a picture jkline sent me of two cannons on the AdLawn at the University but to no avail…. All around where those cannons were sitting is where we found several of those fuses along with older coins dating back to turn of the last century.

I am going back to the same spot tomorrow. I didn't cover half of it . I put a little oil on the shotgun brass, and on one of them The word "league" is on the bottom. I found an example of Peters League shot shell that were supposed to be 1890 to about 1915. I feel pretty sure they are from that era. I'm sure the people in all of the high-end homes around this park would be surprised, but there were no houses there until the 50's and 60's.

Attachments

• Headstamp.jpeg
    Headstamp.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 70
if those where left by others , you could make a good find.

Found the photos I was looking for!!!
Hopefully this better identifies that copper tube!

Attachments

• 132D367F-DB49-48C3-A9CC-A2226F85358F.jpeg
    132D367F-DB49-48C3-A9CC-A2226F85358F.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 73
  • EB93AD0A-258D-4CF8-86B1-55AA8DA98565.png
    EB93AD0A-258D-4CF8-86B1-55AA8DA98565.png
    2 MB · Views: 90