Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.3 coil or 3x6 coil

A

Anonymous

JUST BOUGHT AN MXT AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. DON'T REALLY LIKE THE 3X6 DD COIL. IS THE 5.3 COIL BETTER AT PINPOINTING THAN THE DD COIL? THANKS

Bob
You should try the 5 inch excelerator, pin points directly in the center of the coil. It is a DD coil but is a 4 3/4 inch round coil, gets coins easy at 6 inches, separates great. I had a 3x6 and like the 5 inch excelerator much better.
Ray

there is no problem with pinpointing using either
coil. I relic hunt so that's somewhat different than
getting in someone's manicured yard. The 5.3 will PP
better under those circumstances. I have used both
in super trashy, nail-infested sites, an the
5.3 just isn't up to par. The little mini-shooter
is totally awesome for finding good targets amid the
junk. Think about the foot print, the 5.3 has a
circular footprint of about 20 sq. inches compared
to basically a fine line down the middle of the
little DD. For my applications, (relics) DD thumbs-
up. Richard'nTn

I find it pinpoint very nice too and have no problem with it.
Rick

Rick have you tried one yet? Tried mine for first time today, gives a great signal, fast reponse, accurate id on MXT, good seperation and eazy to pinpoint. Very happy with it.

I had both the 5 inch for the Explorer and got a 5 inch for the Sovereign and were not impressed with the seperation or the depth. The SunRay will beat them with no problem, but havent got a Excellerator to try for the MXT yet. I love that little mini shooter I have and find it would be hard to beat it, but you never know maybe the 5 inch Excellerator may beat it, but I would have to see it to beleive it.
Rick