Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.3 Coil

butch

Got my new Eclpise 5.3 coil today from Kellyco,now all I need to try it is a snowblower and jackhammer!

TX boost could be hooked up to one of those red lights that they use to keep the buffet warm, you could use the 9.5 concentric coil with a bulb mounted in the middle, I like it.

Taterhead

I've heard that attaching a propane bottle, and a flame thrower helps. :)

Actually I had a chance to try the 5.3 coil out in another texas park yesterday while on a business trip. Wow does it work nice, I really like the separation in trashy areas. I had covered an area with the D2 coil and it was just so trashy I was having trouble separating targets, so the second day I went over the same area with the 5.3 coil, and found all those little coins mixed with the trash. Picked up a couple wheaties in the midst of all that trash even. Now what I need is a pulltab extractor so I don't have to dig those darned things in hopes of some gold. That grass in those texas parks is tough stuff, even using a lesche tool it was tough cutting those tendrils. Made me think twice about digging questionable targets.

Grass?....Oh yes,I remember that stuff...green isn't it?
Spring is just a few weeks away,so maybe it will come early this year.
Nice to hear about your test run with the 5.3,it sounds like exactly what
I need for a lot of areas here in Newfoundland.

Thought I would share what I found in that Texas park (a couple snow balls). I know the previous week they had about 12 inches, and this is all that was left. But that little 5.3 coil worked very nicely in this park. (it was full of pulltabs of every type) I dug a lot of them just to see what I was hitting for VDI numbers, and to help me learn more about the V3 in general. Also working on correlating Analysis screen with various pulltabs at varying depths. One strategy that I used in this particular park was to head to the picnic areas and rather than working around the tables, head to the outer edges of the area (in this case along a deep drainage ditch, and a lot of leaves, brush) I was rewarded with a couple wheaties, and found a few dimes (not silver :() in close to the base of the tree's. (which the coil worked exceptionally well for) Then I headed out onto the baseball fields for a little reconaisance, and found a few coin spills. I did hit some really deep targets registering about 8-10 inches, but decided not to dig them as I didn't want to mess up the pretty fields. (even though I'm very careful about my plugs, sometimes it's worth it to just leave it)