Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.5" concentric coil for DeLeon?

oleterryg

I'd like to get some feedback on the 5.5" concentric coil from Tesoro, to use on my Deleon.
Another question, is there anything special that has to be done to the machine? Just install and hunt?

The ideal, if one is to use a specific coil most of the time, is to send it and the detector in to Tesoro to have the combo tuned and ground balanced. That said, I always try it first and if the performance seems to be about what is expected, I just go ahead and hunt, So far I've only had one coil that gave any problem and that is the 9X12 spider on my DeLeon which chatters when used over my typical soil. Smaller than stock coils, at least in my experience, seem to work just fine without any tinkering. I assume that is the case because they read less ground so are less influenced than large ones. The 5.75 concentric is good one for trashy areas and I recommend it for those areas.
BB

Thanks for the info, Bill. I am sure I will be ordering one.

Have one for my Deleon and it works just fine. You loose a little depth but not much over stock. Numbers read the same.

While I definitely want the small coil, for now I believe I need to really learn to use the 9×8 stock coil.
Thanks for your input.

don't think i have ever used the stock coil (other than ctx) on any detector unsure of why guess they are multi purpose and i always seem to have more than a multi purpose hope that makes sense.

having said that the round 6" mono from Tesoro 4 or 5 pin is better than multi purpose :biggrin:

AJ

Do you use the small coil even over open aewas? Like a baseball field? Plowed field?

me??

yes I do use the 6" coil on big areas when jewellery hunting the mono/concentric coil is a bit easier on the brain and it works well on low conductors also...

AJ

Hey, thanks for the info about the small coil. I am sold.