Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 Concentric coil

I get good results with the 5.75 concentric coil on my Golden

It sounds like you are doing it logically, fowler. I fight like hell to keep my 8" brown round on as long as possible and then I go to the 5.75. I hate using the 4" coil - it takes forever to cover ground - it gets the job done, but I always feel like I would have better spent my time in an open area with a larger coil.

My exeperience with smaller coils is SWING IT SLOWLY! Very easy to overshoot the target and have to re-find it. Separation and pinpointing are great, however.
BB

Thanks for the input y'all, soon as my "other"5.75 arrives in the mail I will just have to get busy doing some comparisons with the hard wired Compadre 5.75 and some of those dusty Tesoros hanging in the closet. Troy x2 should be interesting , as well as the Inca and the GS II. Having the MGB, the Inca should take to the 5.75 easy enough and it it is a depth hog, though in the extreme trash that won't be so much a factor, but it will be fun hoping it will.LoL! Thanks again. HH, Charlie

Concentric or widescan ( double D ) coil. Which would work the best at a salt water beach? Not in the water. Thanks

Hey SpiritRelic...SSSSSSSHHHHH....I don't want my 1280 or MXT to know they aren't supposed to work in wet salt sand. I want them to keep finding gold !!!!

Hi Ken, more than likely the Concentric, and probably a 9X8 (or thereabouts)would be comfortable and give you enough depth and disc. in the dry sand.The DD/Widescans are known to give a little less depth and not as good at Disc. A lot of trash in the dry sand would not likely be a problem,so stuff should be spread out pretty well.I don't hunt the beach enough to comment much, but have made a coulpe of short hunts there. Didn't find squat, but sweepers hit it regular. Still lots of big crap(little also) further out, since Katrina.Probably never get it all cleaned up.HH, Charlie

Dont tell any one where we hunt..HA..HA... KEN

SpiritRelic said:
No matter ken.A single freq detector will not run properly over wet salt sand.No matter what coil you have. :-@
What if the unit has a "Salt Mode"?

Mark

the salt mode just turns the machine a little more positive to handle the mineralization. there are a lot of single freq machine that will handle salt and admirably. but they go to the positive side which most units dont. a technician told me who is reworking a single freq tr/vlf old machine for me said he was going to turn mine a little positive for that. My compass xp350 does not have the salt mode of the bigger brother xp pro, but it can handle salt and it can be internally adjusted to handle it better than factory set. the whites coinmaster gt has a salt mode--just turns it a little more positive to hande the minerals. yea the multi freqs probably can handle better and the specific machines for that are supposedly better, but an 1280x and sveral more do just fine.