Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 WIDE SCAN COIL QUESTION

TN HUNTER

I JUST GOT A WIDE SCAN COIL. I RELIC HUNT MOSTLY. IS THE WIDE SCAN BETTER THAN CONCENTRIC WHEN RELIC HUNTING AND WHERE DOES IT PINPOINT AT ON THE COIL. THANKS FOR INFORMATION.

Hi,
A wide scan is more stable in mineralized ground, but you may lose some depth. It might be better in a highly mineralized ground situation.

Use the front (or back) edge of the coil to pinpoint.

Wide scan is good for target separation in trashy ground as well as better operating characteristics in highly mineralized soil. For pinpointing, its best to go forward and back with the coil then turn 90deg and do the same. The wide scan will detect an object when sweeping side to side over most of the 5.25 coil surface but front to back it has a narrow detection window. Pinpointing as I explained above will give you an imaginary "X" over the object. I find it quick and accurate.

Ive never used one but prefer widescans, if you dont like it and want to trade it for a concentric of the same size let me know. the guys already explained about the pinpointing, its fairly easy.

Neil

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION OB THE WIDE SCAN. AND ALSO THANKS FOR THE OFFERS FOR TRADE BUT I HAVE A CONCENTRIC COIL ALREADY.