Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5.75 widescan vs 5.75 concentric with Tejon

charlie dert

Anyone out there using both coils with the Tejon? I would really like to hear from anyone who has them both as to the pro's and cons.

Thanks,

Charlie

me only the anticipated differences in performance. I hunted with both of those models in NW Oregon in some very mineralized ground, and in some western states ghost towns that are actually more severe and have a lot of iron-type debris.

>> The Concentric coil was easier to pinpoint with.

>> The Concentric coil produced much better discrimination, especially in the ferrous junk.

>> The Concentric coil detected slightly deeper than the Double-D coil.

The only slight benefit the Double-D coil provided was a slight improvement in side-to-side sweep cover age, but that is an often over-hyped topic because it only is seen on the shallow to maybe almost mid-depth targets. The trade-off, however, is that the wider front-to-rear responsive area also can cause more good target masking.

I only have two DD coils in my personal arsenal. A 5X10 elliptical on my Tek. G2 and a round 5" DD for my Tek. Omega. My general-use models rely on the Concentric coils, such as the 950 on my White's VX3, the 950 and 6

Thanks Monte,

How much deeper do you get with the concentric than the dd (at max disc) and how does the 5.75 concentric compare to the stock coil? I get decent depth with the stock 9x8 but it does not pinpoint as well as I would like, that or I have just not gotten good with it yet.

Charlie

For hot ground the DD would help the tejon a lot , because it has less ground coverage than the concentric, anyone knows that the tejon can get chattery at times, snap, crackle pop, hank

Charlie,I myself like DD coils,even though i have neutral soil (low mineralized ground).I just like the ground sweep pattern of the DDs.The 10x5 elliptical DD is great!I just got a tejon for deep relic hunting.I am getting a 10x5 soon.It is so light,and it works close to trees very good.Really deep,and good trash separation.You should look at it.It is the coil that comes stock on the lobo,but you can by it separate.Watch out when you order coils,you have to specify short cord or they will sell you a long cord,and the long cord is aggravating.Grubber.

Hi Charlie, what quality are you after, sensitivity or target separation? Things aren't always as they seem to be. For both these qualities I would get an 11" DD Round, but they don't make them for the Tejon, have a good look into the 8.5 DD Round.