Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 Blocks is all i could get in today - the surfgod was glad to see this new E-Trac or was it just the breeze we had ??

took the trac out for its first ever spin today

i do not know if all the targets came from the e-trac or from the breeze we had, but whatever it was the five block area i worked had some.

For right now, i am leaning towards the breeze---------------------more testing is needed, but i will say this trac job is pretty darn good.

has some characteristics to the expII, but it is so much more stable and settle, even in the waves

plugged up lower shaft with rtv last night and added new arm strap today

almost a record number of clad for me..............my arm said---------------d a m n

do not know how this trac will do in the dirt, but for the beach, it beats my F75 all to pieces and that new trac coil---------------well it does kinda slice thru. the water pretty good.

will try surfchurch tomorrow

good luck to everyone

C101181.jpg

C101184.jpg

C101185.jpg

C10118LOOT.jpg

your new E-Trac!!!!! Well now there will be 2 beach hunters posting what they learn about operating this beast :) There are a lot of landlubbers here but not many Pirates :)

HH

Beachcomber

I am also an avid beachy, but do not have the advantage of being able to post any pictures, perhaps later on. Our beach season is just starting, as it is spring out here in Australia. We don't have the crowds that you have in America, and our beach goers are not as affluent, ( we don't find as much jewelry ) But we have $1 and $2 coins that at times are quite plentiful. The beaches that i detect are 8, 14 and 22 miles away, and the cost of fuel is starting to tell on the pocket. My last 2 beaches, 4 hours each, returned $49-20 and $41-90. It will drop down now that the school holidays have finished, but slowly build up to Christmas and beyond. Most of the beaches have at least 4, and up to 8 other detectorists that i know of doing them, so it is pretty competitive. You have to start about 2 to 3 O'Clock in the afternoon, and detect in between the bathers, and until dark. I have found if you wait until the next morning, It's been cleaned out. A fellow on another forum went to Sydney's' top beach, "Bondi",at 10 O'Clock one night and says there was at least 20 other detectorists there and they had the complete beach gridded. must be bloody competitive in Sydney. How do you fellows get on over there, is it that competitive, or do you have the place to yourselves. Bob

Hey Max, I heard the E-trac was super stable on the wet sand. I haven't used mine at the beach yet but think I will soon. Looks like you had a good day. WTG!

auto +3 it sings along nice - hits up to mid 20's

seems to sing better at straight auto in the waves...........no plus or minus - stays around 21 or 22 and stample as excal. - i like that.

I have used my Etrac at the beach twice now. Did hit one or two deep targets, but nothing deeper than the Excal would find. The slightly larger coil does help cover more ground, but I am leary of water destroying the unit. I do like the numbers, as I am tone deaf and cant tell a zincoln from a silver ring by sound with the excal. Maybe if I get a good cover, plug the shaft, and find a better arm cuff I will be more comfy int he wet sand with the Etrac. No gold with it yet, but silver twice in two hunts is not a bad start.