Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 day hunt Illinois

Yeahhhhhh buddy!šŸ¤  You go down the east or west side of Illinois? Itā€™s out there, without a doubt. And youā€™re right, I go into a new site with the mentality that if I havenā€™t hunted it, it hasnā€™t been totally tapped. Iā€™ve found a couple places that were BLANK but overall, more coins have been found. Lightly hunted places that still have a lot of silver left are just about gone, you really have to have the best equipment and some mad skills to get these places to produce, itā€™s just how it is.
And now we have more snowā€¦perfection.šŸ¤¬
You go down the east or west side of Illinois? Neither straight down the middle :bouncy: I found some places you hit and only got some zincets you missed :shock: I didn't hunt till I was a hundred miles from the border :LOL: I new better šŸ˜ .
Had some duds and good places as usually most coins weren't all that deep lot's on edge really wanted that 11x13 but having second thoughts heck that 9 just keeps giving .
There's only one ( I )state I have not been in that's the next one as long as your shovelling snow and fixing cars I have a chance of finding something there šŸ˜ .
I picked the perfect week heck it was sunny and in the 70s coming home it started snowing now I got 3 inches lol . sube

You go down the east or west side of Illinois? Neither straight down the middle :bouncy: I found some places you hit and only got some zincets you missed :shock: I didn't hunt till I was a hundred miles from the border :LOL: I new better šŸ˜ .
Had some duds and good places as usually most coins weren't all that deep lot's on edge really wanted that 11x13 but having second thoughts heck that 9 just keeps giving .
There's only one ( I )state I have not been in that's the next one as long as your shovelling snow and fixing cars I have a chance of finding something there šŸ˜ .
I picked the perfect week heck it was sunny and in the 70s coming home it started snowing now I got 3 inches lol . sube
It sounds like an awesome road trip, and yes, itā€™s getting thin around the border! I donā€™t even bother with Janesville or Beloit anymore, ChrisSoCentral from Beloit has for the great part picked that area CLEAN! Thereā€™s a lot more people than we even hear about who hunt the entire bottom of Wisconsin, not on the forums and donā€™t know about them until someone else tells you about them. Then youā€™re likeā€¦.OHHHHH! Thatā€™s why thereā€™s nothing here! The D2 and 9ā€ coil has been my biggest producing combo, and I think itā€™s just what you saidā€¦difficult coins in difficult situations that it finds. I just had arthroscopic surgery on my knee 3 weeks ago so itā€™ll take me a minute to get back up to speed but should be ready by the end of April!šŸ˜Ž

It sounds like an awesome road trip, and yes, itā€™s getting thin around the border! I donā€™t even bother with Janesville or Beloit anymore, ChrisSoCentral from Beloit has for the great part picked that area CLEAN! Thereā€™s a lot more people than we even hear about who hunt the entire bottom of Wisconsin, not on the forums and donā€™t know about them until someone else tells you about them. Then youā€™re likeā€¦.OHHHHH! Thatā€™s why thereā€™s nothing here! The D2 and 9ā€ coil has been my biggest producing combo, and I think itā€™s just what you saidā€¦difficult coins in difficult situations that it finds. I just had arthroscopic surgery on my knee 3 weeks ago so itā€™ll take me a minute to get back up to speed but should be ready by the end of April!šŸ˜Ž
Hope your knee gets better that's a important part of detecting got to have a good pair . You know some places are just pounded and you think you won't find squat then you hit a patch kind of like nugget hunting 10x10 and out comes 4 silver dimes happened to me again . Unless someone gridded it all ways there still will be a couple left especially big areas .
A guys got to keep up with the times my own fairgrounds they ripped out the roads replaced with blacktop where was I :rage: missed out on that one .
Well at least your not missing out with the snow right now looking at mid april if we don't get dumped on . sube

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Glad youā€™re in recovery, targets will be there so heal up and feel better.
Tony NJ

Got out with the deus 2 for 5 days plan was head south hit parks and fairgrounds all public . Even got a half 9 inches deep which screwed up my only find dimes lol . I have not found a quarter in 3 years but 2 years ago found 3 silver halves one was a barber . The deus 2 was great to use no arm ache weather was in the 70s now back home and light snow and down below freezing at night.
My friend did well with his 800 and found many silvers it's getting tough out there but the coins are still there just got to put in the time.
I usually don't get to hunt till mid April so this was nice the day I left was going down to 34 so we ended the trip and headed north to the tundra .
Hope you guys got out . sube
View attachment 54475

Sube have been w/o a full MF machine since my 3030 went out a couple of years. Am doing the D1 and the simplex now.
The 3030 with its drawbacks is still the best identifier at depth imo. But am reluctant to get back into another one. Thoughts?

Sube have been w/o a full MF machine since my 3030 went out a couple of years. Am doing the D1 and the simplex now.
The 3030 with its drawbacks is still the best identifier at depth imo. But am reluctant to get back into another one. Thoughts?
So many options out there and pretty reasonable used CTX deus 2 with puck legend and the manti I think any detector will do just fine . None of these are bringing boatloads of silver compared to the others . I notice certain people do better than others time after time regardless what machine they pick .
I have killed areas with the CTX and have gone back with the deus 2 only to spend 2 hours to get a wheat penny . Some local spots I hunt One that I have hit 50 years a ball diamond with a rotting chicken wire fence in the ground for a backstop . Every year I pull a couple more silvers with the CTX if I would hit it with the deus 2 I am sure I would find the same .
Then there are areas I have hit very hard with the CTX and do not find anything anymore but the deus 2 will pull 5 or 6 coins out of ? .
But the deus 2 is a joy to hunt with light even compared to a nox I would rather swing the deus compared to the manti . I still hunt with the CTX but at almost 69 and 54 years of swinging detectors that deus 2 sure feels good . I just noticed something I started in 69 and this year I will be 69 :rage: were does time go . sube

So many options out there and pretty reasonable used CTX deus 2 with puck legend and the manti I think any detector will do just fine . None of these are bringing boatloads of silver compared to the others . I notice certain people do better than others time after time regardless what machine they pick .
I have killed areas with the CTX and have gone back with the deus 2 only to spend 2 hours to get a wheat penny . Some local spots I hunt One that I have hit 50 years a ball diamond with a rotting chicken wire fence in the ground for a backstop . Every year I pull a couple more silvers with the CTX if I would hit it with the deus 2 I am sure I would find the same .
Then there are areas I have hit very hard with the CTX and do not find anything anymore but the deus 2 will pull 5 or 6 coins out of ? .
But the deus 2 is a joy to hunt with light even compared to a nox I would rather swing the deus compared to the manti . I still hunt with the CTX but at almost 69 and 54 years of swinging detectors that deus 2 sure feels good . I just noticed something I started in 69 and this year I will be 69 :rage: were does time go . sube

I've found tons of stuff with both the CTX & D1. My biggest problem looking at the D2 has been the 12 modes. I look for everything including relics and jewelry and I only use 6 modes for everything on D1.How could u reasonably justify this many? Yea I can remember the time I found 50 silver in one small area. Have to have differing mentally today.

Last edited:
I've found tons of stuff with both the CTX & D1. My biggest problem looking at the D2 has been the 12 modes. I look for everything including relics and jewelry and I only use 6 modes for everything on D1.How could u reasonably justify this many? Yea I can remember the time I found 50 silver in one small area. Have to have differing mentally today.
Just the way it is try going to a car lot buying a new car they say starting at 25 to 50 thousand .Sorry we have no cars at 25 but we can get you in this 45 thousand dollar car . It cost almost twice as much and has twice as many parts to fail heck are engineers even got the alternator and starter to fit in the oil pan to save space so we could upsell you on all this other crap . Like the 27 gear transmission that the guys at nasa don't know how to work on and the dealer just replace for $16.000.00 plus labor because they have no clue . Do you have this car in manual what that went out with Fred and Barney .
But But I just want the plain car Well sir you will have to wait till h@@l freezes over .
They all are loaded detectors what people want but in the end you have many choice to try not a 1 knob button detector I started with . sube