Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" DD or 6.5" coil for f75?

Glen in Maine

I just purchased the 6.5" coil and have tried it once and it seems OK BUT... more trials are needed. However I have heard about the new 5"DD coil and am wondering if I made the right purchase. I would like some feedback on both so I can make the proper decision for me. I live in Maine and ground is not to mineralized but the park I work most has plenty of trash. Your inputs would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!!

The 6.5" is a great coil for trashy park hunting. I should have the 5'' soon and think it will do good in iron infested soil.

hi there Glen...
you have made a good choice .....the small elliptic coil really works wonders in heavy thrash ....
-----walk slow ,work the ground methodically ,be sure to have a correct G.B. swing the F in a slow manner,-overlap
your sweeps slow down the sweep speed when you are "homing"in an object and use the confidence meter if you are in doubt.
Bottle caps and steel nails often give nice but unstable signals with low confidence readings...
Good luck and happy hunting
trond;)

5DD all the way it will be super fast maybe too fast but will unmask better then the 6"

I have used them both and like the DD better as it is more accurate on the ID and gets really good depth. Hope this helps