Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" Excellerator coil... any good?

Skillet

I have the stock and 8" coil for my XS and was wondering about the 5" Excellerator compared to the other available 5 inch coils.

Is it as good as the others?
Skillet

I can't speak about other 5s. I own the eXcelerator. It's great for finding coins in highly trashy areas and makes for digging smaller holes.

The 5 inch has been replaced with a 6 inch excellerator DD I'm pretty sure. My 6 inch can nail a penny 8 inches down no problem. It is a true 6 inch diameter coil.

Ok without starting a depth "war of words" - i don't believe you!. Sorry but in my ground 4 inches is deep, i can't get 8 inches even with the detech 8 inch coil, 5 inches is all i can get with the 8 inch coil and about 6 -7 inches with stock minelab se coil. You guys who are finding 10 inch + deep coins must have a better detector than me..
Even with 12 inch coil i can only get 8 inches maximum on a coin. So if you guys are getting deeper then thats great.. Maybe your soil contains nothing but fresh air - :please:

I agree a 6 inch coil is better for depth , 5 inch is too small for most sites... I have found big silver coins with 5 inch coil , but i have found very little use for my 5 inch coil, it covers too little ground and picks close to surface coins only.. Maybe the detech small coils don't have quite the depth of others i am not sure..They are not known for great depth as far as i know and are very hard to sell second hand which speaks for it self.

Come up to Michigan and I will prove it to your face that I can hit a penny at 8" with my Excellerator 5" coil on my Muskateer.

It is all about the soil matrix. It must be your soil is alot harsher than mine and that is why your coils cannot go as deep.

Yes u may be right sir. I like your tv program , i have seen your tv series harold on neighbours , its nice to know famous people detect too.

If you go to Florida to areas where the soil has almost no mineralization you can find quarters at incredible depths. There are areas here in Michigan which are from an ancient lake and are very sandy. There is a road near me that is called Sandhill and the whole surrounding hills are sand with little mineralization.
There are, however, areas in Michigan that have quite a lot of iron in them.