Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 Inch Accelerator coil find

Coinseeker 78

The item is not much but was found 7 inches deep with the 5 inch Accelerator coil. I was testing it for depth and was surprised to find several clad coins at 6 to 8 inches deep. I believe I will use it more in junky areas. The stone is glass and the finish is plated silver I believe. I also found a piece of iron at the depth of my X1 pinpointer which is about nine inches. It rang up as silver. The depth scale was clear below the bottom on several finds but could still be pinpointed on the coil.

Coinseeker 78 said:
The item is not much but was found 7 inches deep with the 5 inch Accelerator coil. I was testing it for depth and was surprised to find several clad coins at 6 to 8 inches deep. I believe I will use it more in junky areas. The stone is glass and the finish is plated silver I believe. I also found a piece of iron at the depth of my X1 pinpointer which is about nine inches. It rang up as silver. The depth scale was clear below the bottom on several finds but could still be pinpointed on the coil.

Old post but I find the same thing....5" Excelerator is STUPIDLY deep!! I read a thing once over on another forum from a really well known guru. It goes like this....
The machine has a certain amount of energy in the TX circuit that it puts out,no matter the coil size you're using. So..a large coil will put out a bigger footprint,but more diluted of an energy field. A tiny coil will get really good depth because the concentration of energy is so much greater,and I.D. Is more accurate for the same reason. The small coil is a laser,the large one is a flashlight....
All I know is my Excelerator is tiny and I love it because it still gets those deep targets. It's just slow going is all. Who's going fast anyway in dense trash?? The thing is a BEAST!!