Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 inch round dd or 5 by 10 dd for f75??

tjbrown1990

I am looking at purchasing a new f75 ltd 2 and I plan on detecting a lot of sites with nails. What coil would be best for this the 5 inch round dd or the 5 by 10 dd? Thanks in advance for any input!!!:twodetecting:

In that particular hunting environment I would use the 5" coil.It works great amongst the iron nails and trash very well.I found a 44 merc in my back yard with 5" coil and 5 old cut nails in same hole.

You should get a 5 inch and an 11 inch with that F75. While the 5x10 is a great coil on most every detector, it is much closer to the 11 in nails than the 5 is. Of course the 5x10 will be better in nails than the 11 with nearly the same coverage. Considering the 5 is much more stable, better in EMI, a dream to locate targets and can run in Boost Process very deep for its size. Why buy a 3rd coil if you don't need to? Why not try the 5 and decide later if you want to spend the money for better coverage.

n/t

What Pasttom said. That 5" DD is deep and great for picking through the nails. Had one on my F70 and it was nice. Just got an F75 LTD2 yesterday and looking forward to trying the 5" in FA process on those carpet of nails sites.

I bought the F75 LTD SE (D.S.T.) three weeks ago it was the upgraded package with both (11" & 5") coils & covers. I have only used the stock 11" a couple of times but not the 5". Has good depth and found a spot where there are so much square tabs & pull tabs I want try the 5" to see if it can pull the coins signals out. Good to hear the 5" coil gets good depth. Have not had EMI interference - took it to a place where fluorescent lights I under a open pavilion rendered my ATP useless. I just ordered the 6.5" Elliptical coil for it - has anyone tried it?

Although I do use the 5 x 10 a lot, without question the 5" is more laser like in dense trash. It does have quite a bit of a smaller sweet spot. Get to know it and it will amaze you and does have wonderful depth. HH jim tn

I appreciate all the input!! I just ordered the f75 with 5 inch coil!! Was wondering what kinda depth the 5 inch gets in the fall mode on a silver dime? 7 inch would be plenty in my iron infested areas. Just wanted to see what you guys are getting with yours.

The F75LTD2 using the 5 inch stock coil is amazing. I have found my best find ever with that coil. It can sniff out coins in nail and junk infested sites. I found the three coins shown with that coil. I do not have the 5x10dd fisher coil. I have been thinking about getting it. I hardly ever use the stock 11 inch coil. I use the Tornado and the 5 inch all the time. Put the F75LTD in FA process and watch it do its magic. The 5 inch can go 8 inches deep with good solid sounds and decent VDIs.

tjbrown1990 said:
I appreciate all the input!! I just ordered the f75 with 5 inch coil!! Was wondering what kinda depth the 5 inch gets in the fall mode on a silver dime? 7 inch would be plenty in my iron infested areas. Just wanted to see what you guys are getting with yours.

Don't have an F75 with that process but do hunt with an F70 and that coil.
I have experience in two completely different types of soil...the almost perfect low mineralized kind in Kansas and now the high mineralized SE. devil dirt in Alabama...Birmingham area.
I live in the city and the mineralization isn't near as much of a problem as I have with iron.
I hunt areas that used to be landfills with just a thin cover of dirt, also slag from the steel industry that built this city was mixed into most of the fill dirt used in the neighborhoods, parks and commercial properties, plus along with the usual screws, rusty nails and iron junk I also have tiny nodules of iron mixed into most of the soil that was also spread out over most of the area...even the non red clay filled black stuff.
Here 3" depth is normal, 4" you are doing good and I have rarely heard of anyone getting past 5" with any vlf detector in the bad stuff.
It's not that you can't get deeper but it seems like there is a curtain at about 5" here and all signals past that are severely jumpy, unintelligible and make little sense.

In the great Kansas soil this little coil easily found me dimes at the 6-7" depth level, common for the old stuff, but several times I found even deeper high tone dimes, wheats and even Indian head cents at the 8-9" area.

Back in Birmingham I cracked the 5" code and now am able to get into the 6, 7 and even up to the 8" area in the really bad stuff using my F70 and all my coils including the sniper.
The biggest jaw dropping target I found in the worst of this stuff is in the picture below next to a modern nickel...
This is a barely recognizable V nickel worn thinner than a dime from the 1880's, a loud clear audio report in both all metal and disc and decent clues going by the numbers on the screen.
This was every bit of 7.5" deep, might have been 8".

A friend hunting with me that uses an E Trac with a small SEF coil held the coin in his hand, looked at the hole, looked at the small coil and just shook his head.

No FA process, just a great Fisher and this coil.
A potent, productive and often used weapon in my arsenal and always will be.

Pulled a barber quarter at 6 inches one week ago in high trash. It squeaked on FA process. Missed it with the E-trac the day before. E-trac must have nulled out.

I have both coils with my F75LTD. Here are some air test results for each. Not a lot of difference.......go with the 5" DD.

[pre]

BP Mode JE Mode BP Mode DE Mode JE Mode FA Mode
5x10DD 5x10DD 5” DD 5” DD 5” DD 5” DD

0.01 10 9 10 8 9 7

0.05 11 9 11 9 9 7

0.10 9 8 9 8 8 7

0.25 10 9 10 9 9 7

Cu Ring 11 9 11 9 9 7

[/pre]

As his test shows the 5 inch stock defies the reason to rule (inch of the coil equals depth it will go)