Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" NEL Sharp Unstable Over Rain Soaked Ground?

lloyd0161

Strange behavior of my 5" NEL Sharp coil over freshly rain soaked ground. If the coil is swiped on wet grass it becomes chattery as heck and unstable falsing all over the place. If the coil is kept an inch or so above the wet grass worked better but still unstable. If the conditions are dry it works fine. Over the same wet grass the 5 x 10 and 11" coils work fine. Anyone else had the same experience. This was very frustrating.

Sounds like they aren't using a Faraday Shield...weird. The 5" Tekentics coil works very well across water soaked grass............ my choice is to always go with the Tek coils, in my case I tried aftermarket coils but they always let me down. It might also be possible that water is getting in....... at the point where the wire enters the coil. Do an inspection of that area.