Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5" of snow on the ground... Glad I got out yesterday.. Found a roll of pennies..

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hello All,

Yesterday I went to a neighboring town to help with a chili supper. Got there too late and all the set up was done. Earlier this year I had secured permission for a older corner house in the same town. At the time I was hunting an adjoining construction site; too dry and grass too long to do the yard then. So I gave it a try, glad I did; we have a pile of snow on the ground today and no real warm up in the forecast.

Normally I wouldn't post a meager day like yesterday, but it may be the last for several months.

[attachment 370301 2019_10_30a.JPG]

I found what must have been a roll of pennies that was dropped, they were all in a row, still a PITA to get them all. Mainly Zincolns, wish they had been lost a hundred years or more ago.

[attachment 370302 006.JPG]

Two silver, Barber is a 1892-O. That is a new date for my coin books. Very seldom do I fill a hole these days, or even up-grade condition on a previously found date/mint. All my coin collection is found coins, got a few albums getting pretty full, but doubt I'm going to complete any of them before heading to the undetected honey hole in the sky. Is there a separate heaven for the Metal Detecting community? Merc is a high grade 1927. Dozen wheats, razor with a bakelite handle, guessing 1940s?? And an ornate compact, may be silver. Will research.

Hoping for a late fall warm up...

Chris(SoCenWI)

Pretty good Chris! We didn't get the snow in NE Iowa like you did but it is pretty darned cold!

Nice finds that barber is nice just got a 1897 O barber only 660,000 minted those O's can be good ones.
Mark

I left Wisconsin in 2004 and started metal detecting then. Don't miss the snow but I sure wish I had started when I lived on the shoreline of Lake Michigan.

Good job ahead of the storm!
In answer to your question, since the streets are paved with gold and the foundations of the city are encrusted with gem stones, the metal detecting portion of heaven is really special i.e.
no pull tabs, no can slaw, no foil, no iron nails and all the coins are flat, key dates and error coins!