Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5 tones and 4 tones tips

juit

How are you using them? Were? Parks field? I heard 5 tones is deep than 2 tone? Tips setting please show what you have

I wish i could afford to buy a Anfibio multi just too give it a try im so curious about this unit i own a minelab Safari right now tecovery is so slow ofyen too slow but i do find keepers.

I use it in the woods and old house yards. I crank my gain up to about 85 for the most part. For relic hunting I do not use much disc at all and I use 2 tone for relic hunting. I feel it giver a little better ID on mid range targets. For coin shooting I use 3 tone and I disc up to about 22 to get rid of small pieces of foil and such. I find the 4 tone and 5 tone a little erratic myself.

I purchased a multi on Saturday and have been testing it. Gold can come in 21-23, I would be careful running the disc up that high.

I tend to run always in 5 tone, normalized ID, 5 KHTZ. I believe this allows me to cue in on seper silver.

I have a simple, seasoned 2 coin test garden, a 8 inch silver quarter and a 8" silver dime. Both are in clean soil. These are set just so I can make sure I can hear deeper coins. In 3 tone, the Anfibio will hit the quarter but not the dime.( 11 inch coil). I can hit both with 4 tone, but 5 tone is pretty crisp, clear and repeatable. Interesting fact, is 4 tone doesn't show a vdi for the dime, and VDI for the dime in 5 tone is less than consistent, but the tone is solid.

I've never spent a lot of time in 5 tone. I used 4 tone for park and ball field hunting.
One tip to remember for deep targets is to make sure the isat is turned right down. Factory preset is about 1, but even there it can make the difference between no signal and something. In tests I've done, I haven't found the depth to be much difference between the tone modes for me to avoid using any certain one... except 3 tone, only use that one when things get really trashy. If possible I try stick with 2 tone for its better nuanced and modulated audio than the other tone/ modes.