Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

505 Spaz attack

mwaynebennett

I was out today putting my 505 head to head against my Elite 2200. I would turn off one and turn on the other. One time the 505 had a conniption fit and all LCD elements flashed and it beeped erratically.

Have any of you experienced a spaz attack on your 505?

Mark

The wife an I have Sharp Shooter IIs, and when we get to close to each other they squak an beep to beat hell, so we have to move further apart. Same kinda thing?

:usmc:

Have never had a problem with my 505 but if you turned one off before powering up the other, I don't think it should have been effected.

Having had a brother who had a stroke and was rendered spastic and has since died , I don't think you should be allowed to use such language, you cold blooded snake. I'm ashamed of the moderators for letting this get through

May I suggest you go look in the mirror. With all the problems plaguing the world today you are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Maybe you should concentrate on issues that really matter and stop looking for ways to feel put-out.

Mark

I suggest you get a good dictionary and look up the words "Spasmodic" and "spastic" and come back here and post your apology to me.

Mark

This was how mwaynebennett was using the word in question. This is from urban dictionary. There are many meanings to some words. Also since he was talking about a detector I don't think he was referring to a person, or a disability.

"spaz
verb. to go insane, break, or otherwise act oddly.

to spaz, spazzing.
"ack! My computer is spazzing" -when your computer freaks out or crashes."

I think you are missing the point. It, the word, can have more than one meaning, and one of those meanings is very insulting and very hurtful to the less fortunate amongst us with spastic disabilities. Why be hurtful to those less fortunate than the healthy Mr Bennett. Where is his sense of empathy. Why the sarcastic line about "not showing it to my dead brother"? I do not for one minute think that he deliberately set out to hurt those with disabilities. All I'm asking is to think before you speak, it's not that hard. I'm sure there are many people with disabilities on this site, who do not need to be reminded constantly of their disabilities.

Soooo, back on the subject. Another machine can cause a similar machine to act "strange" I don't thing there is anything wrong with either one. Any other posts on this thread should be removed or moved to another area. This is a detecting thread :)
HH

Like I said Mark I do not believe you meant it in any way to offend anyone, I saw that word and had a brain fade. I apologise wholeheartedly to you and anyone else who felt uncomfortable reading what I wrote. That's the last time I'll talk on this subject, and the moderators can please delete all my post on this matter as a courtesy to Mark.

:usaflag:Man oh Man:
don"t political correctness go just a little to far on what we can say,do, eat, drink and where we can smoke without offending some poor lib who preaches live & let live, to each there own, it it feels good do it. too much salt, too many carbs too, much fat etc. etc. etc. I always notice that they do what they tell us not to do. I know someone like that that lives in a big white house ( do what I say not what I do)
Sorry about your relatives disabilities; there are allot of us who have them , I am one of those who do and i deal with it without trying to make someone who uses a term that in some way may make me think about it feel like a speech criminal or some one without feelings, so practice what you preach and let the rest of us do what we do it is after all, so far; a free country and free speech is one of our liberties granted by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights sorry if i"ve offended you but I get tired of hearing it!
Happy Huntin;
505ranger,
Kevin Balto. MD.