Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5th dog tag found on base

comisoas

Here is the 5th dog tag I have found on Seymour Johnson AFB. I found one other in the same area several years ago, so that makes 6 total. I was able to return it to the veteran's daughter. Hopefully I will be able to return all of these also.

Congrats on the nice find! I imagine she was surprised & happy to see the do tag returned to her!

This particular dog tag has not found a relative yet, but the one I returned was a WW-II dog tag. Thanks, it is a really great feeling on both sides!

Good job! Are they doing the tags differently? They used to have more information.....religion, blood type, and social.

Still wondering why this dogtag doesn't have much information. I read they were going to quit putting social security numbers but they are still going to assign some kind of number. Maybe if there is just a name, it was a reject and they had to discard it and start over. Not being in anyway critical, just curious and hoping someone knows.

I agree. Dog tags normally have more info. Years ago in the same area I found a tag just like this that was totally blank. There have been others found with just a name, and still others with full info on them. I don't know why.

Thank you. Would be interesting to know why. Maybe some military person got a tag made for their child over the internet so they'd have a tag like dad or mom. There is places that do them. Otherwise if it is a military person whose tag you found, it will be hard to trace them with only the name. Happy hunting, keep up the good work.

I have one from WW-II with only a name and Angelo's Angels online tracked down a nephew. They live in OR and I am going to return it to them. There is hope.